Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jon

level slots opening up automatically in one week

WildWeasel said:

Select the sector, not the linedef, and give it the "Secret" type.

Yup - to expand on that, there are two pitfalls to be aware of

1. the secret linedef type (sometimes called) is purely to do with the display in the automap
2. if you label a sector secret, be aware that if another sector 'inherits' its type (e.g. a subsector you create or something) you will introduce a second secret, which may make your calc at the end innacurate (esp. if it is not a sector you can reach)

Allright, cool, thnx... Anyways its uploaded. Hope you enjoy, oh and If there is any balancing issues, can you please tell me? Id really like to fix them =).

Hope I wasent too annoying, and hope you enjoy it.

Macro11_1 said:

Allright, cool, thnx... Anyways its uploaded. Hope you enjoy, oh and If there is any balancing issues, can you please tell me? Id really like to fix them =).

Hope I wasent too annoying, and hope you enjoy it.

Hi, just played your level. Great! Good work. A good example of what a freedoom level should be: there were a few hints towards the original, a sort of tip-of-the-hat to the original but it wasn't an imitation.

The only bit I thought could be tweaked, and it's not a major complaint, was the spiral stairs area after the lift bit. It was a very vertical conflict with the imps at the top and you were often firing blind if you didn't have mouselook.

That lift section by the way with the deropping floors was cool.

I'd like to check it out too. Will you place the map in the deutex tree anytime soon?

Jon

The only bit I thought could be tweaked, and it's not a major complaint, was the spiral stairs area after the lift bit. It was a very vertical conflict with the imps at the top and you were often firing blind if you didn't have mouselook.

Allright cool, noted. should I really change that?

Jon

That lift section by the way with the deropping floors was cool.

Well you know there is a secret near there :P
Did you find it?

Borris

I'd like to check it out too. Will you place the map in the deutex tree anytime soon?

I could send it, but I dont know if I am allowed (as it being part of the project and all.) or w/e :P and I dont know what method to use if I can. He might have it still uploaded on the wiki...

boris said:

Fraggle is back this w/e I think, I have yet to learn precicely how the build process works! But you can grab the level here.

Macro11_1 said:

Allright cool, noted. should I really change that?

You don't have to - it's only a minor thing. Let's see what other people think.

Macro11_1 said:

Well you know there is a secret near there :P
Did you find it?

I don't think I did!

Macro11_1 said:

I could send it, but I dont know if I am allowed (as it being part of the project and all.)

It's still your level - you can do what you like with it :)

Sorry for asking, but could I have map24 instead and leave map19 to someone else? I don't think I'll have to change after this. :P

BTW, where can I get a FreeDOOM wad with all or most of the resources? It's going to be hard to tell how my level will look in FreeDOOM itself if I can see Doom imps etc., and latest.wad only has the textures, the chaingun and torches.

Xenophon said:

Sorry for asking, but could I have map24 instead and leave map19 to someone else? I don't think I'll have to change after this. :P

No problem - sorted.

Xenophon said:

BTW, where can I get a FreeDOOM wad with all or most of the resources? It's going to be hard to tell how my level will look in FreeDOOM itself if I can see Doom imps etc., and latest.wad only has the textures, the chaingun and torches.

latest.wad contains anything since the last release. So, you need to grab the latest release (0.3) here, and use both at once when testing your level.