Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon

freedoom 0.5 pre-release #1

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I was hoping to get 0.5 out today or tomorrow and I've pretty much failed. I'm off to france tomorrow afternoon for a few days so I thought I'd post a work-in-progress freedoom release.

Grab it from http://alcopop.org/temp/fd05-pre1/. They're gzipped, you should be able to decompress them with winzip or similar (Internet Explorer might decompress them and not tell you, I think it used to do that).

There are some very big bugs:

• the hellknight looks stupid and has many missing frames
  • the revenant has missing frames and will crash prboom (and possibly other ports: please let me know) when you kill it: known issue
If there's any niggling thing you would like done to 0.5 before it's released, please let me know in this thread.

I haven't merged Fredrik's new plasma yet; Gargoloyl's imp is mapped to the revenant; CSonicGo, did you email me that sound? I haven't done any sound work in the last couple of weeks (my main computer is dead, I'm working on my laptop with rubbish speakers) but I shall take a look at it before the final release (there are a few others to do as well).

oops, i had the skins folder enabled with the new stuff when i tried 0.5pre.

my new shotgun sound isn't in there either :<

Jon said:

I haven't merged Fredrik's new plasma yet; Gargoloyl's imp is mapped to the revenant; CSonicGo, did you email me that sound? I haven't done any sound work in the last couple of weeks (my main computer is dead, I'm working on my laptop with rubbish speakers) but I shall take a look at it before the final release (there are a few others to do as well).

I still have it, I"ll email it to you.

leileilol said:

It's in there.

I believe my new imp is too big to be used atm D:

Its good to hear that theres a new imp in the making. The current one looks like a king cobra....