Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RockstarRaccoon

remastered texture example

HOPEFULLY I havn't just broken some sort of ever important rule I didn't know about... but anyways
This is some remastered textures, all nicely zipped, and the hi-res versions in case they were wanted by anyone...
http://www.myfileshack.net/0506/funkyhobo.zip

So tell me if I should try making more (actually trying this time)
would it be appreciated?

EDIT: the thumbs.dll can be ignored, it was an accident

haha, using an image editing program to automaticaly resize the images doesn't count as "remastering".

I did more than that, this was a VERY half assed job lolz.
I can do alot better...

But would anyone WANT them? (better than this I mean)
what is the demand?

I would really like to do something...
But I don't know what to do that I can...

cchristianPunckgzsor said:

I did more than that, this was a VERY half assed job lolz.
I can do alot better...

But would anyone WANT them? (better than this I mean)
what is the demand?

I would really like to do something...
But I don't know what to do that I can...

Unless you can show a better attempt than that you can't expect anyone to say "well he can do some real shitty attempt but maybe we'll take these in hopes he could do better!" It doesn't work like that. Demonstrate skill and provide something serious and THEN ask if anyone would be interested.

Thats OK, I undersand.
I will make more that qre good this time, I know how to do them very well.

udderdude said:

I'm going to go remaster some sprites in MS Paint. Anyone interested?

Eh... MsPaint is not good for remastering... try MSphotoedit, and MSpaint together. this is a good combination.

I would like to do sprites but they are harder than textures... but this is a good idea as some of them are quite below par...

but this is a good idea as some of them are quite below par...

Compared to what? Other PC games released in 1993?

hows this?
they are incomplete/Betas, but are still ok I think...

http://www.savefile.com/files/195463

(PS look at the hi-defined HUD! I think is great, this is my taste in graphics.)

Sorry, these still look horrible to me.

Fundamentally, you cannot just scale up an image and apply a filter, because it will just look horrible. If you really want to "remaster" a texture, the way to do it is to scale it up with filtering turned off, and then edit the texture on a pixel-by-pixel basis.

fraggle said:

If you really want to "remaster" a texture, the way to do it is to scale it up with filtering turned off, and then edit the texture on a pixel-by-pixel basis.

Thats what I do, I don't have the filter over 20, And I am using Paint and Photoedit in combo, doing edits. look at COMP01_6, The finished product sould look good. (these are raw, need to be finished over)
but I see what it is. You want the textures t be bright and pretty, I prefer them to be ragged and mean looking. I LOVE the way that the new hud looks. it looks mean, not pretty. what would you have them look like if not dark and hellish?

BTW: I am using an LCD monitor. for a note.

Thats what I do, I don't have the filter over 20,

Turn the filter off and start again :-)

The ffilter cannot be under 15 or it messes up like over sharpening.
15 is good.

Turn the filter off and start again. :|

Thats what I do, I don't have the filter over 20, And I am using Paint and Photoedit in combo, doing edits. look at COMP01_6, The finished product sould look good. (these are raw, need to be finished over)
but I see what it is. You want the textures t be bright and pretty, I prefer them to be ragged and mean looking. I LOVE the way that the new hud looks. it looks mean, not pretty. what would you have them look like if not dark and hellish?

BTW: I am using an LCD monitor. for a note.

Um, no?

First you say the finished product should look good, yet you do not provide a finished product. If you expect someone to judge your work provide an accurate representation, not this garbage.

And it's not at all about making them look "bright and pretty", it's about making them look GOOD, not pixelated and blurry. You really need to learn what you're doing first.

Anders said:

haha, using an image editing program to automaticaly resize the images doesn't count as "remastering".

Sorry, I've got to agree with the others. Regardless of how you did them, they do just look like blurry resizes. Definitely not good. :(

I downloaded them on another computer...

There is something wrong with something as they look good on my computer, but not on the other....
so nevermind...

Riiiiight...

I downloaded them on another computer...

There is something wrong with something as they look good on my computer, but not on the other....
so nevermind...

Let's blame it all on the internets because there was obviously something wrong with the file transfer! In other news, you don't know what the fuck when it comes to textures.

I don't know what I'm doing?
thats a broad statement.
do you know me?

If you did, you'd have used my Hexen remasters. those are very good, but I can't post them.
I don't know, I don't really care about it anymore... I'm busy elsewhere...

Paradoxically, Afterglow's title seems to apply much more to cchristianPunckgzsor than it ever will to Afterglow himself.

I don't know what I'm doing?
thats a broad statement.
do you know me?

Do you know who Afterglow is?

If you did, you'd have used my Hexen remasters. those are very good, but I can't post them.
I don't know, I don't really care about it anymore... I'm busy elsewhere...

Sorry, but seriously, take a look at the replies to this thread - there has not been a single positive one. If you can't deal with negative feedback, that's your problem, but otherwise perhaps you should consider changing your technique, as people here have suggested.