Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catoptromancy

Original Deathmatch Maps

Quite awhile ago it was determined that freedoom was not to be a doom2 remake but an entirely different game that happens to be fully compatible. All maps that resembled doom2/doom maps were removed.

What about deathmatch? There are several deathmatch maps that are obvious remakes of pwad maps. This makes even less sense as people can just -file the pwads and play on the original using freedoom as an iwad.

If an original author decides to submit a map that has been used elsewhere, that is just a standard freedoom submission.

I think we should remove all deathmatch maps that are just remakes of other maps.

althoug im not a mapper i second your suggestion. i think we should be persuing the creation of maps specifically for freedoom more agresively, maybe launch a mapping project since doomworld has them so oftenly

MAP01 is obvious dwango5 remake and MAP08 is a greenwar. MAP31 and MAP32 are wolf3d styled.

This is only a few maps to remove to make room for even better and more importantly original maps.

FreeDM should be new, unique and innovating. Anybody can create a map based on another, FreeDM should have maps that bring a feel of freshness to Doom and these maps should have cool features.

Guest Unregistered account

To be honest, the old DM02 was more of a Dwango5 ripoff than DM01. DM01 is more Doom II, Level 1-orientated.

[EDIT]: And the old DM02 also seemed to be based off DM01... this is getting blamey!