Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cr0wb4r

Freedoom Status Bar

Sodaholic said:

If anyone wants my source file (Paint.NET format, as that's my primary image editor), here you go.

Can anyone convert this to PSD? I have problems installing Paint.NET.

Some tweaks. ARMS is now inwards with a dark, solid background and the ammo counter text now uses Soda's/Da werecat's HUD's ammo images (Except the Cell pack image, I made that.)

Spaces between the HUD panels are one solid colour right now as I'm trying to think of details to add.

(Btw there's a weird glitch with the 3 in ARMS after you get the shotgun, it gets a grey box around it which doesn't happen in GZDOOM, only in Chocolate.)

I like Mechadon's number shapes more, but I think the colors are a bit too "feathery" in color if that makes any sense

So after a long period of quiet, I've finished up my work on my Statbar.

http://www.filedropper.com/freedmhud

There's also a link to filedropper, it contains the PNG's, the XML files, and some unfinished keycard icons I've made towards the project as well as a test wad. Everything is open for people to edit or mess about with.

I would also like to be credited for contributing assets to Freedoom.

The new status bar is great, however I'm not sure if the colours of the digits for weapons that are available and those that haven't been yet acquired go well together:

Also the digits aren't centred on the "buttons", is this intended?

The current colours of the status bar digits are incompatible with the option to use colour-coded digits available in Boom and derivatives:

Also the shotgun shell image/icon is still grey on the status bar whereas the actual shells are now green.

MrFlibble said:

The current colours of the status bar digits are incompatible with the option to use colour-coded digits available in Boom and derivatives:

Yes, this is something I regret having done with my status bar. The little numbers should be reverted to their previous versions, and the big numbers should be the ones used here.

MrFlibble said:

Also the shotgun shell image/icon is still grey on the status bar whereas the actual shells are now green.

I really don't like their new coloration, but yes, consistency is needed.

Sodaholic said:

I really don't like their new coloration, but yes, consistency is needed.

I'm also not sure if I like the bright green colour. It certainly improves visibility, but they look like some sort of test tubes with yellow caps.

I've quickly checked Google Images for what colours shotgun shells can be in real life, because I have no idea. It turns out that aside from various shades of red, which seems to be the most commonly used colour, there are also dark green, dark teal, blue and yellow, and black. I'm guessing that the colours may actually indicate certain differences (and indeed this seems to be the case), but this is largely irrelevant to the game I suppose.

That said, blue seems like a nice, neutral colour that should be pretty visible.

MrFlibble said:

Pretty bad for a project targeted at Boom. Really, please, this needs to get fixed ASAP!