You can use them in any way you see fit, as long as you leave credit to my name.


That sounds good enough for us, who's up for vulture duty? Anything in there we can use?

Share this post


Link to post

i'm looking thru it now.

edit2: never mind cant get to it now, will tonight

Share this post


Link to post

Thats GREAT news, twice risen is high-quality stuff. Shame Niggel had to give up after all, but we can hopefully make sure that his work isn't for nothing..

Share this post


Link to post

I think the gun in pbeam.jpg looks cool.


and now it's gonna be the new bfg
the current one does not look like a gun

Share this post


Link to post

That gun does look pretty cool, but can it make a relatively realistic BFG? The BFG ball is so big, it looks like that gun would choke on it. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Rellik said:

That gun does look pretty cool, but can it make a relatively realistic BFG? The BFG ball is so big, it looks like that gun would choke on it. :p


It's only big if you use a big sprite :P

RailGunner said:

im doing the picking


There's tons and tons of resources, I think it would be better if we all discussed them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Jon said:

There's tons and tons of resources, I think it would be better if we all discussed them here.


i concur.

but, the bfg has to have big sprites! otherwise it wouldnt be a big fucking gun.

Share this post


Link to post
esayeek said:

but, the bfg has to have big sprites! otherwise it wouldnt be a big fucking gun.

Um, we can't name it BFG anyways, so size does not matter.

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

so size does not matter.


tell that to a woman ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I could make some kind of comment here, but because my gf just told me she reads my website, I should perhaps be more careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Jon said:

I could make some kind of comment here, but because my gf just told me she reads my website, I should perhaps be more careful.


rofl

Share this post


Link to post

I've been thinking- if the twice risen maps are in a good enough state (and would work ok in vanilla doom physics) then, perhaps we should use them to create an entire episode i.e. E2* E3* or E4*. There's a consistent theme...

Share this post


Link to post

Jon said:
if the twice risen maps are in a good enough state (and would work ok in vanilla doom physics) then, perhaps we should use them to create an entire episode i.e. E2* E3* or E4*. There's a consistent theme...


Twise Risen is for Doom 2 tho. Not that I suppose it makes much difference, we can use our doom2-ish textures in our doom1-ish WAD, so only the things would need converting.

Otherwise, yes it makes sense to use the levels and together if they make an episode. Could even use it as one of the "episodes" of doom 2 if we shuffled level assignments.

Also perhaps we should check with the original authors of the levels; I saw a comment from Nightmare (I think) saying he'd prefer people left his levels as he was going to release them alone.

Share this post


Link to post

One of the maps in there are map08 in Nimrod aswell, so better not touch that one, since Michael gave me the "rights" to it.

M20-a.wad is one of the filenames for it.
M20-fa~1.wad is another.

Share this post


Link to post

hm I think we need to explicitly define what parts of tr are in fact of use to us... any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
kristus said:

One of the maps in there are map08 in Nimrod aswell, so better not touch that one, since Michael gave me the "rights" to it.

M20-a.wad is one of the filenames for it.
M20-fa~1.wad is another.


you better clear that up between you and him; we were explicitly given rights to use anything and everything in this package.

Share this post


Link to post
esayeek said:

you better clear that up between you and him; we were explicitly given rights to use anything and everything in this package.


The stuff is still copyrighted by the creator though. I mean, you can't just grab a bunch of your favourite band's mp3s, put them together and say "everybody! do whatever you want with them", can you? :)

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

The stuff is still copyrighted by the creator though. I mean, you can't just grab a bunch of your favourite band's mp3s, put them together and say "everybody! do whatever you want with them", can you? :)


sounds like a good idea! =D

yeah i guess you're right :)

Share this post


Link to post
boris said:

The stuff is still copyrighted by the creator though. I mean, you can't just grab a bunch of your favourite band's mp3s, put them together and say "everybody! do whatever you want with them", can you? :)


Well yeah, if the band had said 'here are some mp3s, do whatever you want with them'

Share this post


Link to post

easyeek: I have cleared it up with him. that map should have been removed from the zip, but he missed it. along with a few textures. Just ask him if you don't beleive me.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok I think its fair to say that we can't use twice risen at all then, yet. Someone should politely ask Michael to reclarify what exactly has can give away to do with as we like.. Yep, I might end up doing it heh

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now