Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

"FLOOR4_8" is not matching whit "METAL1" anymore

Both this flat and textures in old version of freedoom was matching perfectly now the're a slight less diferents (about the map its a edited version of i'll release soon) but its possible to make the texture be similar to flat again?

Note: a horizontal version of this texture will be handly too.

The wall version was meant to be updated, but the maintainers neglected it.

Raymoohawk, there should be a texture limit if there isn't already one.

raymoohawk said:

just use the original texture, remeber freedoom doesnt have a texture limit

It's a bug if the new flat or new patch (whichever) doesn't match the original Doom's geometry. If that's the case, the new/broken resource should be reverted.

Blastfrog said:

The wall version was meant to be updated, but the maintainers neglected it.

But if the issue is not so much the geometry (lining up the hexagons) but the style (colour of the lines etc), then another solution would be submitting an updated patch.

Jon said:

But if the issue is not so much the geometry (lining up the hexagons) but the style (colour of the lines etc), then another solution would be submitting an updated patch.

I assume that would be the preferred solution for this. In fact, we discussed this in the past, but in relation to FLOOR4_8 and WALL03_7. (BTW has that one been fixed yet?)

I just checked the latest nightly build and the Git repository, WALL03_7 is still not replaced.

Also Protox's screenshot in the first post makes it rather obvious that while Sodahloic's new hexagonal tile flat is of smoother quality, the old version fits better with other textures like the old rusty metal stuff on that shot.