Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Monfriez

New Skys?

Source ports have gives us so much freedom but I haven't seen improvement with new skies.

Has anyone tried to improve the original Doom skies? larger, more ealistic
Perhaps taken advantage of Zdoom's Sky box or made a superior dm2 sky model?

I've been thinking about it and trying to find software like this
planetside.co.uk/terragen/
however I don't have a 3d-card so it's kind of hard

Originally posted by Monfriez
Has anyone tried to improve the original Doom skies? larger, more ealistic

Stian Skjondal created more than 25 "tall" skies, each 256*240, that worked really well in ZDooM. He released them in 3 wad packs, but his web-site is defunct. The good news is that his first 2 packs are available from 3darchives ftp site. They are called skypack1 and skypack2.

Tarin had created a utility to convert regular skies into "tall" skies.

Nash has created taller versions of the DooM, Ultimate DooM, Final DooM, and DooM2 skies. You can get them at his site. (2 files -- DooMsky.zip and DooM2sky.zip.)

my Equinox wad has a kewl blue cloud sky and a big Jupiter thing, though they look horrible in Legacy

On the subject of skies...anyone know any good skies that look like the Rocky Mountains in the western U.S.? Or just a snow-capped mountain range?

Originally posted by Archvile64
On the subject of skies...anyone know any good skies that look like the Rocky Mountains in the western U.S.? Or just a snow-capped mountain range?

Again, I suggest Stian Skjondal's skypack wads. They have great skyscapes, some of which are mountain ranges. Check out the screenshots at Piper at the Gates of DooM. Practically all of the skies there are from the skypack wads.

Originally posted by ReX
Again, I suggest Stian Skjondal's skypack wads. They have great skyscapes, some of which are mountain ranges. Check out the screenshots at Piper at the Gates of DooM. Practically all of the skies there are from the skypack wads.

Yeah, I did take a look at those, some of them are pretty nice. Thanks.