Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gez

Increased Freedoom support? Also, Heretic

Okay so recently I have had a reason to load Freedoom in EE and I noticed that the pretty IWAD picker doesn't support them unless you change the configuration so that Freedoom is picked instead of Doom. But well, most of the times I'll want to use the good old id-made IWADs, so it's not the proper solution. So, I made something for my own use, using the same aliases as ZDoom.

While I was there, I noticed that there's a little bug with the Heretic support in EE: when Hacx was added, the size of the haveIWADs bool array in d_main.cpp was not increased. That's why I couldn't select Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders anymore.

finally, I decided to change a bit the Heretic shareware screen in the picker to make it different from the full version, since Raven didn't include a bottom banner or anything. A little sepia fade seemed appropriate to me.

Anyway, you're of course free to ignore all or parts of this little patch; but I do recommend fixing the haveIWADs array size at least.

I'm afraid some of the logic in your patch is incorrect; for example adding the freedoom IWADs to the -game automatic matching when you didn't also add independent game folders for them under /base.

Using -game freedoom when you didn't define /base/freedoom would lead to a "Game path does not exist" error message. So I'll consider this adjustment, but I can't apply your patch due to this problem.

I see, thanks.

Shouldn't NUMPICKERIWADS also be used for the max value of ITEM_IWAD_CHOICE, too?

Gez said:

I see, thanks.

Shouldn't NUMPICKERIWADS also be used for the max value of ITEM_IWAD_CHOICE, too?

Yeah I noticed it keeps resetting to zero if the last wad chosen is too high - this is a problem. The list of IWADs needs to be globalized I guess. Can you tell I was in a hurry during the original implementation? ;)