Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

Requimem [2 map demo]

Here is a 2 map demo of my Requiem remake project. (Limit removing, -complevel 2) I do not plan to remake all maps, only those that I like the best. You will need requiem.wad and reqmus.wad to play it.

Command line:

prboom-plus -iwad doom2 -file REQUIEM REQMUS REQUIMEM_2map_demo -complevel 2

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ibeb4qmtujcybl2

I dreamt about my Doom folder being tiny, 30 WADs maximum...

This is what I get after I asked for the info about WADs starting with "re" only:

Anyway, back to topic, this looks soooo promising. MAP01 - I thought it was going to be a MAP31 remake after seeing the starting area. Layout & design, outstanding, I'd prefer monsters coming from opened closets instead of teleporting though - it'd give a more classical feel. Note: MM2 MAP25 and MAP29 have *almost* no teleporting monsters, so you can do without them, and still make the maps difficult.

MAP02 - I managed to die a few times here, I must be tired... Looks more tight on ammo than the original MAP02. That's a pretty impressive short map I must say, enjoyed it a lot. On -skill 3 I'd rather see just lost souls/cacos instead of PEs, if you want me to help with skill level implementation, I'm in.

I'm going to love it if it keeps this quality.

Rather an obvious suicide exit on map02 - unless there is some additional trick, it makes Speed on this map a simple matter of polishing a fairly obvious route idea.

I see that you have retained some of the annoyances of the original maps, as well as their strong points. Indeed, you have lengthened the slow descent at the start of map02. While it brings back unmistakable memories, I'm not sure it's a good idea.

But certainly you have captured the feeling of these maps very nicely. I'm surprised that the first two maps are among those you like the best - I found them less inspiring than most of those that followed (with the exception of the four "filler" maps). I look forward to your map06 remake in particular.

Regarding vdgg's comment, my totals for files starting "re" in my Doom2 directory are 87 files; 139 MB.

Thanks for comments!

I'd prefer monsters coming from opened closets instead of teleporting though - it'd give a more classical feel.

OK, I'll consider this in the future. I'll leave this map as it is because the original map01 have teleporting monsters too.

On -skill 3 I'd rather see just lost souls/cacos instead of PEs, if you want me to help with skill level implementation, I'm in.

Thanks, I'll contact you when I'll make more maps.

Grazza: I want to have a few continuous maps at the start, so the wad will not look like a completely random set of maps. That's the main reason why I choose maps 1 & 2.
I forgot that slow descent can be annoying for demo recorders... Maybe I'll do something about it.