Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Plutonia Revisited Community Project demos [-complevel 4]

going to fill some "hole" (no jokes here thanks ;< )

Prcp.wad
map04 uv-max 04:09**

ps: used cl4 and shits, let me know if the demo is wrong or the likes before I ruin more lmps with wrong settings
but guess all should be ok o.ò

pv04-409.zip

Prcp.wad
map11 uv-max 18:39**

loved the music, the map design and how incredible concentrated you got to be here
playing it for the first time gave me the creeps, stupid archviles :D
*spawn sound*
"ohno, where is next?"

pv11-1839.zip

cool, right about time someone gave this wad a little attention. :) just so you know - qaatar's 3:45 max for prcp beta map12 does not desync with the final version, so if you plan on recording on that map, it stands as the current record. :)

dew said:

cool, right about time someone gave this wad a little attention. :) just so you know - qaatar's 3:45 max for prcp beta map12 does not desync with the final version, so if you plan on recording on that map, it stands as the current record. :)

Hmm, I couldn't find that demo on DSDA. Also, is MAP29 undone? I might give it a go :D

dew said:

ah Ic
i currently have a 03:58 time there.
would be cool to see his demo to figure out if he has a better/worse route
if he doesnt and we use the same, I pretty much barely have chance to improve his insane time ;)
sub4min is kinda ridicolous already imho

thanks, memfis. my forum searching kung fu is no match for yours. :)

ninja edit: 1ntru, map29 waits for any kind of demo activity. i wish you luck, it's one hell of a sandbox. :)

blob1024 said:

ah Ic
i currently have a 03:58 time there.
would be cool to see his demo to figure out if he has a better/worse route
if he doesnt and we use the same, I pretty much barely have chance to improve his insane time ;)
sub4min is kinda ridicolous already imho

I think even the 3:00 mark can be broken, especially if going to the BFG early (using the AV jump shortcut).

ah no, wait Artem, which AV you intended to use to jump over the BFG area? the one in the supercharge secret or the one in front of the mastermind (if it can actually be used)
I'm very bad in AV-jumps experience.

ps: my route was kinda different from qaatar's, will include the 03:58 in my future upload I guess

I meant the one in the supercharge secret (shown in JC's PV12-024 and my PV12S023).

omg! less maps to play I must hurry :D

this exit time is rather okay, even tho I don't use the AVj trick here. Too bad for the stupid unlucky BFG wasted hits, could have been already a 03:1x
waited a bit longer to upload, in order to try get a decent looking demo. (after SAV appreciated my cc3-28 demo I shouldn't post any cheap demos anymore! was quite motivating :p )

I may try to improve with this route further, or try (again) the jump trick and try to get major benefits from that (which I couldnt so far)

Prcp.wad
map12 uv-max 03:25*

pv12-325.zip

24 max 10:40

Heh. This could be like 2 minutes faster, but you'd have NOT to go for bfg right away (as in - NOT to do 2 pretty much pointless glides with quite a bit of backtracing)

... don't ask. :P

pv24-1040.zip

phew, I'm fine with this time for now. No AVj trick once again, as the cell advantage from the jump, may cut your run in other parts very easily if anything goes worse. Too bad I didnt catch the 3min barrier Artem was talking about with the other route ;)

ps: have a look to the 03:19 demo too, the ending is incredibly exciting (imho).

Prcp.wad
map12 uv-max 03:04*

pv12-304.zip

blob1024 said:

map12 uv-max 03:04

Well done! But reaching a great 2:XX record wouldn't be too hard for you with some little changes in weapon management. Using RL on the spiderdemon is an inefficient way to utilize the rocket damage. You have more than enough cells to finish him quickly with plasma and not run out of ammo in the final slaughter.

If you distribute these rockets on some monster groups which you used to kill with SSG, it can speed you up a lot (as every extra SSG reloading takes a whole second and a half).

yeah, what artem said. using rockets on solo bosses is such a waste, because you're not using their precious splash damage at all. you could easily rearrange a fight or two to save up enough cells for the spider, use the rockets elsewhere AND save those 5 seconds. ;)

pretty much doable yea, but lately all my best attempts have been failing here:
i really hate that room
Will keep trying till I've some luck there too

ps: don't add this demo to the dsda btw.

pv12zzzz.zip

btw blob, just a little advice for taking out the 3 mancos - don't hit the bfg ball on the manco closest to you, it's a waste of a lot of damage and the others will survive. hit the one behind and the fatso in front will still die from your death stare. :)

umh even tho that's a shame, since the map looks really epic and very challenging, I can't run map15, due to massive secret missing (like 6 or 7 out of 8 are a mistery till now)
maybe if someone minds to share a nomo-100S i may look at it, or I'll simply pass this one, as it looks anyway pretty tough

hey blob
here is a nomo-100s for map 15 i hope idon't post it too late!
it's a bit confused some time,because i haven't played this map since my last nomo movie .anyway.
i hope that will help you.
note to andy:please do not upload this to dsda

pv15nomo100s613.zip

didierbertrand said:

hey blob
here is a nomo-100s for map 15 i hope idon't post it too late!
it's a bit confused some time,because i haven't played this map since my last nomo movie .anyway.
i hope that will help you.
note to andy:please do not upload this to dsda

thanks, I'll watch it tonight or next days