Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rgerber

Doom Pencil sketch

out of boring I made this... (on a 3.5 x 2.5 inches paper, or so)

Bad day for Doom Marine, sorry

Crudest coloring applied:

"The Doom Marine finally gives up" seems an appropriate title.

With some hint of a falling motion, it could almost be a Doom tribute to the Falling Soldier.

No he just had a shitty day. Got off with the wrong foot. Didn't have a gun. Doomguy would never freely give up

Well, he can always try to use his very personal "backup weapon" in such situations ;-)

Maes said:

It actually looks as if the baron/horned devil thing is holding a rifle of sorts O_o

Could it be...?

All the horned devils wear arm-attached guns on the original cover.
Even tough they never appear, I was simply going after that but on the real Hellbaron

Edit: That Hellbaron mod is actually quiet what my image depicts ;)

BuddhaMaster said:

All the horned devils wear arm-attached guns on the original cover.

I never really noticed it, but I saw it now and it seems that only a few of them wear some kind of weapon on their left arm (like the Cyberdemon) while others have two normal arms.

I always considered those "generic devils" to be loosely based on Barons, although the ones with the "arm rifles" may be loosely inspired by the Cyberdemon (they don't seem to be any bigger, though).

In any case, cover art often sucks and takes too many liberties, like e.g. the snout of the "horned devil" in the foreground that looks more like a hyena or a babboon than demonic or goat-like. It's almost like the artist was told "just draw some nasty looking devils that want to tear the Doom Marine a new one", threw in some vague elements of the game and hey presto, the cover was ready.

I completely understand you.

Thats just what I think about the Doom cover, I still love it though.

I think the problem is that most game-producers back then hired a design artist to create an imaginary promotional poster.
The game-design would then change until final release.

the demons on the cover look actually like snakes with limbs to me. Very devious!