Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

I forgot to mention I noticed a HOM in MAP01 when you're standing near sector 101 (the first teleporter) and you turn around.

Also the text file credits me with MAP02 of which I actually didn't make. :P

Yeah MAP02 in the demo is actually MAP09 made by myself and Kyka.

If it helps in fixing the visplane overflow valkiriforce found, remove the little pathway from the slime room (the one where the bars open as you enter the red key room). It's not really necessary, I think I added it as a shortcut for if you died in the red key room in co-op, but it ended up being such a short distance the long way round anyway that there's no point in it.

That was nice blast (maps 3 and 4 in demo) and MAP01 grants finally deepest wish of the player: what demon-spitter looks inside and journey into that once living, now dead cyber-organic demonic being. It's more accurate now to be ruined after all of these rockets. Technically TNT boss is only one who doesn't have real brain texture, only red glowing area. Also at the end of screen there were some mancubi corpses but it can be explained they evaporated earlier.

What's with that glowing-blue skull of demon-spitter and blue sky and why at the beginning of TNT2 boss remnants and sky looks different can be explained later in story txt file like he's overloaded with these internal explosions and exploded along with sky change, so somewhere, something escaped or re-actived in differend area... not demon-spitter as it is dead, but his... signal, digital presence or spirit. Maybe some emergency procedures were activated and his dying or missing signal emission triggered different inactive evil core to armed status and began to retrieve backups of power, rebuilding and modding on it's own to be completed, not just stay as unifished prototype or copy/support core...

...and dont forget about that demonic ship level to include in final version. ;-)

It was probably reported before, but on map02 after blue door and switch may trigger visplane overflow, also red key trap ambush triggers vpo about 90% time.

1.1b released!

Major fixes: MAP02's visplane overflows, MAP01's HOM issues

GBT3 said:

...and dont forget about that demonic ship level to include in final version. ;-)

Kassman has been working on that.

Can I reserve MAP29? There's a map that I've been planning for a while that would fit that slot this project very well, but I might not start on actually building it until maybe a month from now.

EDIT: I found a major bug on MAP03. If you fall into the first big nuckage pit and use the lift that's supposed to take you out, all the other sectors around the pit will lower rather than the lift itself.

Processingcontrol said:

Can I reserve MAP29? There's a map that I've been planning for a while that would fit that slot this project very well, but I might not start on actually building it until maybe a month from now.

Have you finished or are close to being finished with your first map?

Processingcontrol said:

EDIT: I found a major bug on MAP03. If you fall into the first big nuckage pit and use the lift that's supposed to take you out, all the other sectors around the pit will lower rather than the lift itself.

Fixed.

Just an additional note: about the lines being marked "hidden" it's not entirely necessary unless there is a computer power-up in the level. That is, unless you would have it that the computer power-up "unveils" the secrets throughout the level, as even I sometimes like to leave the lines unchecked "hidden" because I like to see all of the map when I look at the automap.

btw. Since I talked to whoo about the last layout I'm just alerting that the new one Im working on will be later in the game, so can I tentatively have map28?

TheMionicDonut said:

btw. Since I talked to whoo about the last layout I'm just alerting that the new one Im working on will be later in the game, so can I tentatively have map28?

Yeah, you can have it. Just make sure it's large and really hard since it is one of the last levels.

Whoo said:

Yeah, you can have it. Just make sure it's large and really hard since it is one of the last levels.

It will be the basis for many thats what she said moments, so don't worry.

TheMionicDonut said:

It will be the basis for many thats what she said moments, so don't worry.

I'm glad somebody else beat me to the line here, as I'd have simply said "That's what she said!" and have left it at that.

Phobus said:

I'm glad somebody else beat me to the line here, as I'd have simply said "That's what she said!" and have left it at that.

Katamori said:

Oh my god, MAP01 start was epic.

EmZee created the original idea of going into the skull, but Kyka later found/made the bloodied Icon of Sin texture and had the idea of having the whole thing lower into the ground.

Whoo said:

EmZee created the original idea of going into the skull, but Kyka later found/made the bloodied Icon of Sin texture and had the idea of having the whole thing lower into the ground.

Your memory may be faint but I was originally to do the first map. I created the start (you guys modified it) and the marble corridor (which was moved to after the post-skull part). Anyway boys, I am glad to announce that i'm back to work on Mt. Sterquilinus (official name), I was supposed to take a break till January 1st but hey, my creativity came back to this map, the other big project can wait till January 1st. Screenshots coming from me soon.

Just played the demo, good fun overall. The new textures blend in very well. Some things bugged me though :

- I played with ZDoom, and map 02's music stopped playing after the first loop.

- http://i.imgur.com/j4s22.png
Map 03, Supercharge secret
We emerge from a massive, high tech structure and then see the sky with such a tiny ceiling ?
It's not realistic, even for Doom, as the high building is just behind.

- http://i.imgur.com/5fazu.png
Map 04
Looks like a sector isn't closed here.

- I'm not sold on the "new music" idea.
Music plays a major part in what constitutes the atmosphere of a wad. Those new tunes are really cool, but I think they'll detract from the TNT experience somehow ( this kind of complain also raised for Plutonia 2's case ). Not to mention TNT Evilution had very good, memorable themes.
Maybe aim for a mixture of classic TNT tunes and new music ?
It worked wonders for Plutonia Revisited. :)

- While TNT's maps are doable in Nightmare skill with a ton of effort ( see DSDA ), I'm afraid TNT 2's maps won't, thanks to many fights in which the player is trapped and has to find a switch behind packs of enemies. No big deal though, as it's probably the case with Plutonia 2 / Plutonia Revisited and maybe Eternal's TNT: Renascence.

I'll be waiting for the release of this project, this looks very promising. :)

Sorry but we won't suddenly change entire music around just because some whiners can't enjoy some different music for once ;). No offense intended but if we did that, our music composers would be angry and we don't want angry people in our team :P

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
- I'm not sold on the "new music" idea.
Music plays a major part in what constitutes the atmosphere of a wad. Those new tunes are really cool, but I think they'll detract from the TNT experience somehow ( this kind of complain also raised for Plutonia 2's case ). Not to mention TNT Evilution had very good, memorable themes.
Maybe aim for a mixture of classic TNT tunes and new music ?
It worked wonders for Plutonia Revisited. :)

What you saw in the wad were the heaviest MIDIs we have. We only have around 5-6 MIDIs made right now, so not everything is going to sound like it did.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
- While TNT's maps are doable in Nightmare skill with a ton of effort ( see DSDA ), I'm afraid TNT 2's maps won't, thanks to many fights in which the player is trapped and has to find a switch behind packs of enemies. No big deal though, as it's probably the case with Plutonia 2 / Plutonia Revisited and maybe Eternal's TNT: Renascence.

We're trying to make TNT 2 a tougher sequel, so it's not meant to be as easy as the original.

Words about disliking new music are kind of retarded. Track in map 1 and 3 are especially atmospheric and default music wouldn't fit for level 1 or 4. Fix these problems with music on map 2 because it makes level more straightforwad to play. VPO still occurs after blue door but now is rare like 1-10% chance so I think it's fixed.

See, I told you 4-level demo is better idea to stay people interested more between topic updates, and these maps you chosen have nice replayabillity.

So, spaceship of corruption is level 8?

doomero-21 said:

i played but this remember me more a plutonia style wads; traps and lots of monsters, specialy the map04.

It's probably just you. Traps, switch and monsters type of gameplay aren't domain of Plutonia, they were earlier present in TNT style, so in Evilution also. The only reason people doesn't recognize TNT parts and mistake them with Plutonia parts is because they played Plutonia more instead of 'infamous' TNT so they forget what's been done and where.

For some reason every time I try to download the demo it stops early at around 946kb.

edit: Managed to find I way to prevent it from happening but I'm still unsure why it was in the first place. :P

We are now looking for testers!

We currently have two, and are looking for eight more. To be a tester you must:

-Point out bugs/flaws in maps, as well as gameplay problems.
-Use chocorenderlimts for initial bug-testing.
-Give constructive criticism and suggestions to mappers.

Send me a PM if you want to test.

fiend-o-hell said:

Wow this is shaping up to be awesome. I played a couple level, and was blown away by the quality. Keep it up!

Thanks! We were hoping to get a lot of response from the demo, and we're glad everyone liked it.

Doomsfall said:

For some reason every time I try to download the demo it stops early at around 946kb.

edit: Managed to find I way to prevent it from happening but I'm still unsure why it was in the first place. :P

Probably something on your end (ISP, browser, etc).

valkiriforce said:

Glad to see that this is finally getting some attention. I hope that more mappers will join in to make something for it.

I hope so too, as it'd be great to get this finished in early 2012. As of now we have 20 maps either finished or WIP.

GBT3 said:

VPO still occurs after blue door but now is rare like 1-10% chance so I think it's fixed.

when the game has a 1-10% chance of the game suddenly crashing and burning, i don't know if i'd consider it fixed

DeathevokatioN said:

Great work so far guys, this demo is quite awesome. Who composed the music soundtrack? :)

The maps in first three maps were made by Nmn while he still had time, he simply contributed them to us. As for the rest of tracks, they will be done by the rest of composers.

EDIT: To show that I am indeed progressing with my map, here's a little shot.

And yeah I know about the plats active thing. I will fix it ASAP

EDIT2: This is an odd problem, the counter keeps adding up even with static lifts, it doesn't minus 1 when it ends done doing any lift. Any idea?