Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Sound desync in big maps (GZDoom)

Lately I noticed a really strange bug in GZDoom. All my 3 svn's have it. On some really large maps weird sound desync problems appear. Sometimes sounds play normally, sometimes delayed, and sometimes not at all. It also seems to only happen to some sounds...

This bug happened to me on The island 2 and also on the huge maps that come after you fight Korax in Serpent:Resurrection. I recall playing The Island 2 in 2008 and had no problems (on ZDoom). Apparently this problem also happens in ZDoom (as some people noted on Island 2's idgames page). Does anyone know any way to fix this except downloading an old as hell (G)ZDoom release?

I ran into the same problem in Sunder map04 (I think, the one with all the crushers). Perhaps increasing the number of sound channels could work? I don't know, honestly.

You'd probably be better off posting a bug report in the ZDoom forums.

Phml said:

Perhaps increasing the number of sound channels could work? I don't know, honestly.

Will definitely try that

Phml said:
You'd probably be better off posting a bug report in the ZDoom forums. [/B]

I already did, but thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT:Upon playing with the sound channels I managed to reduce the desync a lot. It's still like 0.3 of a second off, but it's much better than it used to be. Thank you a lot, you've been of great help!

Managed to get it working fine right now, no more desync. If anyone is interested in how to fix this, you should make the "buffer size" and "sound channels" have a matching number. You can find both somewhere in the sound options.