Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

Scythe X demos (complevel 2)

Another Max :)
Map 06 UV-Max in 0:48
Don't really enjoy the map because of how RNG based it all is. My idea was to keep as many shotgunners/chaingunners alive in the beginning to infight as much as possible then go in and defeat them all later.

sx06-048.zip

TendaMonsta said:

Hmmmm. Might have to take a stab at this pWAD with -fast. Almost forgot about Scythe X

Good job MedicalDoctor922!

Thanks...?

Map 05 UV-Max in 1:04 and UV -fast in 1:00

Some runs I ended up getting suckered into because I came back to Scythe X to study how to use the CC4 tekgreen textures. :P

Also, I noticed that this has been historically run as a cl 2 wad despite the fact that Boom cosmetic effects are used (e.g. lighting transfers).

sx05-stuff.zip

13 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Savage to beat a new runner like that :P I think he accidentally posted in the PB thread.

Well I don't want to discourage anyone :) 1:00 is a good achievement.  I consider the 1:02 as one of my better demos from that "era".

Map02 UV Max in 0:59.54

sx02m059.zip

Just a few frames ahead... It's definitely a lot of RNG in it even though it's less than 1 minute. A bit of routing improvement I suppose, but still the best thing you want to get is that barrel explosion pushing the right one. Usually there's someone blocking the barrel to lower the damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qmWYY8Z8F4

(I don't like to embed the demo thumbnail to occupy the whole screen, so if this is inconvenient for Youtube links, please tell me.)

Map02 UV Max in 0:57.83

sx02m057.zip

I was not happy about my previous run having 2 missed SG shots, but this run still has 2 missed SG shots in it... However, the luck part totally worked out in my favor.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

Map02 Pacifist 0:57 (preparing for the new pacifist rules haha)

Haha, good find. I even questioned if the crusher hallway can be considered pacifist in my ancient tablefiller.

Map02 UV Max in 0:54.29

sx02m054.zip

Beaten the current record by half a second, but I failed all my key designs for the map... Will definitely grind a bit and make a 53 and call it.

Also, this is probably one the most annoying forced Invis secret of all time, which makes monster infight really unreliable.

Youtube Video:

https://youtu.be/W6F1crGLWyY

Edited by GarrettChan