• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

Base Ganymede demos [-complevel 3]

cannonball said:

E1M1 UV Max in 1:44
Just a first exit here

Heretic has 1:18 on the old version of the wad. The new version of E1M1 is basically the same, except for 4 extra troopers.

Hopefully Heretic's straighter route will help you :-)

It's possible to strafe-50 jump from the shotgun platform to the first balance beam, and then from the ledge around the spider to the final teleporter, if you feel like working on a particularly brutal speed demo.

Am I missing something or is a 'true' max movie of ep2 impossible?

The 6 monsters at the regular exit in e2m5 can't be killed if you're going for the secret exit.

Also, in e3m2 thing 409 (a teleport destination) is placed in such a way that the caco that teleports in always gets stuck forcing the player to cg snipe.

E3M8 UV Max in 1:49
I will probably have a go at this map again after my exam on Wednesday, sub 1:40 or even perhaps sub 1:30 is possible.
I hope more people will be interested in making demos for this wad, it's really good

b3g8-149.zip

Hey hey, nice to see this wad got finished! (a little bit shame that the old version's demos desync on the new version though..)

Here is E1M6 in 1:33

cannonball said:

E3M5 UV Max in 2:18
E3M6 UV Max in 2:55

Beautiful smooth demos, Matt! But you accidentally added wrong textfiles (the ones for E3M8 and E3M5, respectively).

Also, glad to see some new tight speedruns from Graim.

SAV88 said:

Beautiful smooth demos, Matt! But you accidentally added wrong textfiles (the ones for E3M8 and E3M5, respectively).

Also, glad to see some new tight speedruns from Graim.

Sorry about this, I keep using the previous demo text file as my template and then upload the previous text file anyway, sorry. Here are the demos with the correct text file.
Andy please upload these files to DSDA, not the previous entries above. Thanks :)

base ganymede corrected.zip

This is an old demo, from when I did the other maps.
E3M7 UV Max in 4:02
Probably a low 3:4X is optimal here, some parts done really fast, some hesitation and a few annoying moments like an imp not dying from a barrage of plasma.
Issues come from after the final key, you just don't know what you are going to face when you get back to the cave.

b3g7-402.zip

E1M1 UV Max in 1:37
Can't say much, I really can't get the time much lower without better infighting, I just don't seem to get lucky.
E1M2 UV Max in 2:27
This level can be a little tricky with the sparse supply of health. Could be faster

base ganymede demos.zip