Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odysseyofnoises

Plutonia MAP30 pistol only theory

im trying to do this and the end is surprisingly hard... i dont know if i can survive long to shoot enough pistol shots to end the level, because i think it takes like 25 of em to make it. :/

anyway... ive attached a demo to show how far ive gotten as of right now. im probably going to just have to build the rest of the demo shot-by-shot :P

pl30dnf[tas].zip

I recall a thread with someone doing (and actually succeeding) this for Doom2's map30 but I am not sure if it's possible here. That cyberdemon is pretty trigger happy.

oh yeah i know, someone named "error" did doom2 map30 in uv-tyson. but my run here is not uv-tyson since that category requires all the monsters that are originally on that map to be killed with pistol only too lol.

in my experience nothing kept ruining the pistol shooting into the brain part more than the mancubi and revenants, that cyberdemon seems pretty busy most of the time i cant even provoke him to hit me.

About pacifist: yeah I tried that but the cyberdemon just doesnt attack at a low enough angle ro get inside the brain :/

Hmm and thank you for the tip xepop I should try doing it like that tonight :0) also be sure to check out the misc tas demos thread and see my plutonia map30 UV-speed demo, it also uses this new double archvile jump.

j4rio said:

How about pacifist? You could guide cyber's rockets in the hole, or...?

I was thinking the same thing. It should definitely be possible to TAS this. If the cyberdemon is shooting too high, then get him to shoot while his pillar is still rising, or get him to aim at you and jump off of his pillar towards the Icon at the right time to guide him into shooting lower.

I've gotten a rocket to go into the brain when I did an archvile jump towards the head so it's possible.

Theory for pacifist: if you have a 2 player Co-op game then somehow each player can lure the cyberdemon to shoot a rocket into the brain (by jumping off the ledge at the right moment). But I think that would take more effort than anyone is willing to put into it.

an idea I had a while back was to get a caco positioned just right so that so that after it shoots the cyberdemon, the cyberdemon will retaliate and if you are fortunate enough that the caco is wounded already, the first rocket will kill it, and the second and third will hit the boss brain and win the level. Otherwise you can do this trick twice as 2 rockets will kill a caco.