Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Andy Olivera said:

It's not that easy. You can't create a second of player one, then a second for player two because each modification to player two can affect the RNG and alter what you just created for player one. Essentially, you'd have to switch players every frame for it to be reliable. I know, because I started to do a four player run for MM31, but quickly realized that it would be too much of a headache.

Heh, I thought that would be the problem with monsters :)
I was thinking to make a nomonster TAS, but not at the moment.

Andy Olivera said:

The Darkening: Episode Two:

MAP12: 5:11

Darken 2 complete? Awesome demos all in all!

odysseyofnoises said:

Doom2 MAP07 Ultra-Violence speedrun in 6.46 seconds [tool assisted speedrun]

Please always include a text-file. This is especially important with TAS demos, as it allows you to state what TAS methods you used, and makes sure people don't get them mixed up with non-TAS demos. It also means you can give route credits, and explain why you feel it is an achievement to have recorded a TAS demo that is just a few milliseconds faster than Sedlo's compet-n demo.

nice, quite interesting route, it's probably faster than what i used in my old movie. I have an idea similar to hr30 (keep flying using two av-jumps and firing 2 rockets midair), maybe it'll work here too. So lazy to test atm though :D

Paska said:

It's easy to deal 124 damage, but really hard to deal 125 damage.

Oh boy, I know what it's like. Such a pain in the ass.

odysseyofnoises said:

Scythe.wad map24 uv-speed tas in 19 seconds

Well, not bad, but I've already did it in 18sec and it's impossible to beat, so what's the point? I think you should do it on nightmare or pacifist maybe?

Akse said:

I think you should do it on nightmare or pacifist maybe?

or unTAS'ed and under 23s. :)

odysseyofnoises said:

Yeah but i like to record trick demos :D

Then find yourself a tricky wad and do a movie (or even better do a beater). It's TAS, use it and leave one-map-trick demos unassisted (unless it's something like plutonia map30).

With TAS there really isn't any point releasing a demo that is slower than an existing one, or fails to demonstrate a new idea of some sort.

From a forum sticky:

Generally, to be considered a good TAS demo, the time should be highly optimized or the task should be one that would be virtually impossible otherwise.

0:03 is feasible for Cyberdreams map02 (as my demo showed), so this should be the target time (and probably not too difficult).

odysseyofnoises said:

Cyberdreams Ultra-Violence TAS movie in 21:15

Holy shit, already ?! I guess you are lightspeed. That's what I call TAS, it's interesting, it's entertaining, I like it. Emm.. actually I got a question - map 8 41.31 - 54.31, what the fuck was that?