Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No one is my Doom idol (as I'm too self-sufficient to have idols), and no one is my absolute favorite doomer -- I have many favorites. Vile was my main Doom inspirator in the past (and still inspires me a lot), but years later I made large improvements over some of stx-Vile's times in various categories, and also learned about many newer players with abilities similar to Drew's skills.

There are stronger and weaker players among world-class speedrunners (with different specialities, different strong and weak parts), and some are of truly championly skill (i. e. ability to achieve highly optimized times): stx-Vile (who is even stronger today than in the past), Kimo Xvirus, Qaatar, Paska, Sedlo, etc.

I seem to have different favorite speed runners from time to time, but some timeless ones are Stx-Vile (for his masterful ability), Sedlo (for his movement skills), SAV88 (for his great efforts/skills on every map, resulting on amazing demos) and Okuplok (for his unmatched/godlike evasion).

This opinion might change 6 months from today, though :)

Since I havn't been watching demos for so long, I have partly missed out on the more classic names like stx-vile. But I quickly learned that if I want some serious entertainment I turn to these names:

Anima Zero when it comes to UV-max and dew when it comes to TAS UV-speeds.

ToD for his ability to play anything and everything at a very high level.
Okuplok for his aforementioned dodging skills.
Akse for his entertaining TAS movies.

Probably stx-vile for his superb demo quality and insanely quick runs.
Okuplok for his superb evasive skills (the way he can do levels from sunder/SOD etc without taking many hits) is just exceptional.
SAV88 for his tireless efforts to optimise maps, and also mentions to Rizera and alcalagon who are great doomers who have come through over the past year :)

some points that caught my eye:

SAV88's dedication and endurance in getting a better time. didn't he recently finish mm2 map29 in like half of chrozoron's time, or spend over 100 hours with that 2001ado map. that's almost scientific research.

(what also merits a mention: the game itself, doom's simple yet brilliant gameplay that makes such feats possible, even after 18 years of recording)

okuplok's nerves. he doesn't have them. or how can one play for like an hour through super-hard maps and not even flinch when under attack.

i really like sedlo, adamw and recently looper, because they're the guys i want my demos to compete with, but i revere players who play in a way i can't emulate no matter how hard i try. that'd be vile, adamh and recently sav.

then there's timeofdeath, the guy who made me pick up serious rocketjumping and through that join doomworld later. we have a deeper connection. :)

For speedrun, I like Kimovirus the most because he's the best speedrunner I ever seen!
For UV Max/UV-Fast, I like tatsurdcacocaco the most because he is really talented. He's a brave doomer and would not give-up easily.