Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DLRArchangel

nm co-op 1-3-2012

here are the demos from the night when superman and i beat all three original episodes on nightmare, in a row without dying. this was our finest hour in doom. superman has recently moved to the west coast and i miss him! these are for you dude!

thedemos.zip

Watched the first episode and liked it much :) You certainly know maps well and are skilled enough to confidently play them without using an overly safe approach. Sometimes it even looks too easy for you, hehe.
I'm definitely going to check both 2nd&3rd episodes too.

DLRArchangel said:

here are the demos from the night when superman and i beat all three original episodes on nightmare, in a row without dying. this was our finest hour in doom. superman has recently moved to the west coast and i miss him! these are for you dude!

i couldn't see any dude in blue and red flying through the game.

sncr :p

you have to know the maps pretty well for a nightmare playthrough, even if they're easy like the original game.

another point is coordinating your actions, not taking the stuff the other one needs etc. what .exe did you use, was there friendly fire? when i played doom coop with a friend (who has moved away, just like your friend) we had friendly fire off after killing each other too many times by accident. especially he had a habit of running straight into rockets i fired far away from him at monsters.

reminded me of the good old days, thanks.

we were playing ultimate doom 1.9 and yeah friendly fire was on. it took practice to avoid shooting each other. its easy to step in front of your partner and get owned in the back that's for sure!

jongo said:

Watched the first episode and liked it much :) You certainly know maps well and are skilled enough to confidently play them without using an overly safe approach. Sometimes it even looks too easy for you, hehe.
I'm definitely going to check both 2nd&3rd episodes too.

thanks man! that's very nice of you to say that we make it look easy. i think that's the highest compliment you could give. it took a lot of work to get to that point but i had a blast doing it.