Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BilboHicks

ScoreDoom 2.9 Full Release (updated to 2.9g)

Hi Score Server support for the following wads have been added: Lunatic, Jenesis, Doom the way ID Intended (DTWID), 1994 Tune Up, Phobos Revisited, Deimos Revisited, Reverie, Doom Core, Khorus' Speedy Shit, Claustrophobia 2 and Memorial.

So there are more Ultimate Doom wads with some challenging boss rushes to take on with the add-on pack.

Memorial is basically all the Doom2 maps revised into one big map! There are some <!> icons present here and there (at the beginning at least), will look into fixing that if I get time.

Support for a version of ZPACK fixed for ScoreDoom is added as well. This version and 'fixed' versions for Lunatic.wad and 1994TU.wad can be grabbed from the updated SDFixedWadsFiles.zip file.

That was a pain in the arse. But some great wads. Over Christmas, I am planning to host some SDST games, may post on doomworld news about it.
Thinking that Memorial with the 'co-op spy cam warp' and 'spawn where died' flags set would be a lot of fun.

Scoredoom and ScoreDoomST have been updated. Minor decorate changes, that will have a potentially big affect on gameplay.

Added default alt-fires to the shotgun and supershotgun, to go with the alt-fires already present with more powerful weapons. Particularly with the add-on pack, others and I noticed that shotgun ammo was under utilized. The shotgun alt-fire consumes 2 shells and acts more like an accurate rifle type weapon. Supershotgun alt-fire consumes 8 shells and has a very large spread and is especially devastating at close range. These changes will make the shotgun a more viable alternative against ‘bullet sponge’ enemies.

grab the updates from the scoredoom.com download page.

Also added hi score server support for Hell Awakened, Evil Tech and DWTID 1.1a.

Great, those alt-fires'll definitely be very helpful against many of those much-tougher maps. It might also make some of those maps I couldn't beat with the add-on pack in no-infighting mode possible.

Edit: Lunatic Map05 (Final Countdown) comes to mind.

Could someone help me with this? I've downloaded scoredoom 3.0, but can't post hi-scores. I can connect to the server, but whenever I try to change the password from "changeme", it will revert back, and when I play on the console it says "player password not valid on the hi score server".

killer2 said:

Could someone help me with this? I've downloaded scoredoom 3.0, but can't post hi-scores. I can connect to the server, but whenever I try to change the password from "changeme", it will revert back, and when I play on the console it says "player password not valid on the hi score server".

Go into the 'ATIFix' directory in the archive you downloaded. Use the gzscoredoom.exe there instead and try again, and it should work. Or grab the latest archive from scoredoom which has been updated.

There was a problem with the main gzscoredoom.exe I initially uploaded for this release, and how it authenticated with the hi score server.

If that doesnt fix it, I will see what else is going on.

Actually it was my fault. I used a name a while ago and set a password, and then forgot it. I remembered it now, and it works just fine.

@Killer2: Any thoughts regarding the shotgun altfires? I use the shotgun's altfire for sniping as an alternative to the piercing railgun and the super shotty's altfire for taking down those particularly-annoying add-on pack enemies very quickly. (Hades Elemental, Maxibus, and the UAC Enforcer Mech enemies, for instance)

Haven't tried the sg's altfire yet. It's in the addon pack right? I only played regular until now. Another question:why is jumping allowed when making Doom 2 records? Also the warp console command doesn't trigger purple text, even if it's essentially a teleporting command. Someone with enough knowledge about coordinates could use it to gain an unfair advantage.

@killer2 - The SG's alternate fire also works in "vanilla" scoredoom. As for the warp console command (not having used it myself, only the "map" console command; even then, extremely rarely were there times I went "fuck it" and used it), had I found out about that, I really would only use it for reaching those nigh-unaccessible secret level exits. (Scythe II's secret exit in Map31 for instance, where there's a bullshit time limit to get all three keys and get to the door holding said secret exit before the door stays locked.)

Edit: As for the jumping part, beats me. (Not complaining, though)

killer2 said:

Haven't tried the sg's altfire yet. It's in the addon pack right? I only played regular until now. Another question:why is jumping allowed when making Doom 2 records? Also the warp console command doesn't trigger purple text, even if it's essentially a teleporting command. Someone with enough knowledge about coordinates could use it to gain an unfair advantage.

hmmn, surprised warp works, and yes, that could be used for an unfair advantage. will fix this over the weekend.

Jumping, well, its allowed since the engine allows it as control scheme, unless mapinfo says otherwise. If everyone can use jump, then all is fair. But warp will be removed.

edit: uploaded the fix, but will not enforce that version just yet. this weekend, or next week.

I am glad I could help find a bug. As for jumping and crouching, I think I see your point. Also, that map01 record is really hard. I spent half an hour yesterday...closest I got was -18.

killer2 said:

I am glad I could help find a bug. As for jumping and crouching, I think I see your point. Also, that map01 record is really hard. I spent half an hour yesterday...closest I got was -18.

Not surprised, Doom 2 map 01 and UDoom E1M1 are the most highly contested maps. I take you strafe-run as much as possible? Sounds like that is the difference?

IMO, Jumping and crouching is sort of analogous to having 'always run' on in modern source ports. I initially disallowed all this to be like old school doom, but players complained (especially 'always run' being disabled).
These features may allow access to areas the original author never intended (or access to 'before' they intended), but I think that adds to the fun factor and replay-ability with rediscovering the maps to get higher scores, which was the purpose of the mod to begin with.

For proper speed running,traditionalist dooming, other engines like prboom and it's complevel are much better suited.

I found a really bad glitch...honestly don't know how this got past you. The "changemap" command doesn't trigger offline mode. I guess you allowed this for the player to easily go to any map they want, but it's broken because you can keep weapons and ammo. For instance, someone can changemap to 30, grab all weapons, then go to map02 and break the record that was made with only using a pistol and a shotgun because now you can use a fully loaded bfg and rocket launcher. It just doesn't seem fair. Oh, and if you remove it (which I hope you do), delete my map01 records. I sorta cheated them :P.

As for map changing, the "idclev" cheat erases your inventory, so I suggest you allow that instead.

EDIT:Then again, maybe the other map01 records were exploited as well, so whatever.

killer2 said:

I found a really bad glitch...honestly don't know how this got past you.

EDIT:Then again, maybe the other map01 records were exploited as well, so whatever.

Fixed, and uploaded. Players will need latest version to play with online leaderboards. Never really tested changemap myself, since I assumed it stripped inventory and reset scores. But still, this should of been caught before. Thank you for your honesty and help!

Scoredoom updated to 3.0R4Hc

Pistol Start Mode patch
Thanks to Green Herring for finding a quirk in Pistol Start mode where in certain circumstances the real health of the player didnt seem to get reset to starting health at the beginning of the next map, though the health status bar indicated that it was. So this patch was added to ensure that the health was definitely reset in pistol start mode at beginning of maps.

Grab from the 'Download' Page on scoredoom.com

Would it be possible to make the monster-addon combatible with GZdoom?
I'd love to use this with BrutalDoom(lite)

Or Bilbohicks could you give me a few pointers in SLADE, so I could do it myself? (sorry total beginner)

mckracken said:

Would it be possible to make the monster-addon combatible with GZdoom?
I'd love to use this with BrutalDoom(lite)

Or Bilbohicks could you give me a few pointers in SLADE, so I could do it myself? (sorry total beginner)

The add-on pack should be compatible with gzdoom. The way to go about it is to use random spawners to replace the regular monsters.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/RandomSpawner

Then reference the decorate names of all the monsters inside the spawner. Look in the sdcustom.ini file for monster list decorate names. Some monsters were removed since version 2.8 for being not 'doom-like', so there are more monsters in the add-on pack as well.

A mistake I made (partly due to laziness) when creating the add-on pack was not to rename the monster decorate classes I used into something different than the originals, so that I minimized decorate name clashes with wads/mods that re-used these monsters.

So you may need to rename some of the monsters, or their related decorate classes (like projectiles).

Saying all that, Brutal Doom gibs & gore will only work for the default monsters that Brutal Doom cares about, virtually all monsters in the add-on pack will not have gibs & gore. Though that would be cool!

thanks, doubt i have the spare time for such a project but who knows..

one more thing: would you know of a randomizer flag where a monster gets spawned based on a minimum group size? (would be used to spawn a clan leader in a pack)

mckracken said:

thanks, doubt i have the spare time for such a project but who knows..

one more thing: would you know of a randomizer flag where a monster gets spawned based on a minimum group size? (would be used to spawn a clan leader in a pack)

No. You would have to 'hard-code' that into the decorate code somehow.
curtman's 10x.wad spawns groups, but like that wad, you need to make the monsters be able to pass thru each other & the player.

mckracken said:

I suppose he is not active anymore...

Bilbohicks would you think about making your mod compatible with any of the Doom gfx enhancement mods out there?

I think this one is by far the best looking:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28547&start=45

This is not a priority for me to be honest. Plus I just don't have the time or enthusiasm to work on the mod in general as well, as I'm happy with it the way it is. I did hear back from him though, and he will try and find the file within the next week.

I will be adding more wads to the high score server, and want to start getting some ScoredoomST multiplayer games going soon.

Bonus Pack Updated, and info on running scoredoomst servers with the bonus pack & addon pack.
http://scoredoom.com/blog/

On the topic of ScoreDoomST servers, after much playing myself, I have seen that the current Skulltag 0.97c2 codebase that ScoreDoomST is built on just does not cut it when playing with the add-on pack & bonus pack with wads like Hell Revealed 2.

Once the monster count gets high (like MAP07 of HR2), the server gets noticeably unstable with all the add-on pack content, and you can expect frequent crashes. Not sure what is causing it (do not have the will to involve myself back this much anymore), or if running on better hardware helps (doubtful), but its safe to assume, that when playing wads with high monster counts, you should either not play with the packs, or play with a stripped down enemy selection.

‘Regular’ wads and levels with ‘standard’ monster counts(like Doom 2) should be much more stable with the packs.

A solution would be to upgrade the code base to use Zandronum, but this will not happen. Another solution if you want to play co-op with a friend on LAN or both on fast internet, is to use gzscoredoom. That should be fine as long as both players have fast network and can coordinate the connection steps.

So if you want to play slaughtermaps with scoredoomst with add-on/bonus-pack content, just edit the custom monster config for the server and only include the enemies you really like , and see if that helps stability.