Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

Rambosee said:

Hey, I found two minor bugs.
One: Make the rifle zoom in, and press reload. Rifle sprite unzooms, however the actual screen remains zoomed in.

This glitch also occurs if you kick while zoomed in with the rifle.

The automatic shotgun reloading I mentioned in my last post seems to be a pretty universal weapon glitch upon further review. If you press the reload button and it has no effect on the currently selected weapon (e.g., the minigun), the game seems to "hold" onto the reload command and apply it to whatever weapon that comes up next that can use it. So if you alt-fire one shell from the super shotgun, switch to the minigun, press reload and then switch back to the super shotty, it will automatically reload a shell. Same with the rocket launcher and plasma gun if they don't have full clips.

A couple more glitches I noticed:

-Thing type 74 (one of the hanging body srpites introduced in DOOM II) seems to be invisible (you see blood dripping from nothing. Notable example is at the start of Map32 of DOOM2.WAD).

-When SS Nazis are vaporized with the plasma gun, their animation does not finish properly, and ash particles remain suspended in midair forever.

There was another weird glitch that I couldn't duplicate. An Arachnotron got roasted to death, I think by a Mancubus. Upon walking over its body, I got a message that simply said, "You picked up a pickup." I have no idea what it did. I wish I'd gotten a screenshot of that.

Sergeant_Mark_IV, I had an idea for the lostsouls to drop ash/bonedust decals and I have some decal textures which would be perfect for it if you ever consider iplementing it, I also have a soft bodyarmor zipping sound which would work well for the envirosuit pickup and an alternate Assualt Rifle sound, I can upload these sounds and textures and give you a link to them if you are curious and would like to try them out, however the sounds are in the aif format so they would have to be converted but I can do the converting.

Add monster vs monster fatalities! for example a cacodemon biting off the top half of a zombieman or hell knight ripping the shit outta a revenant etc. is it even possible to code this?

1337CyberdemonxX said:

Add monster vs monster fatalities! for example a cacodemon biting off the top half of a zombieman or hell knight ripping the shit outta a revenant etc. is it even possible to code this?

Probably not going to happen.

Yay, a new version! Thanks, buddy!

I'm personally not too fond of the new Hand Cannon (SSG) sprites though... Strike that, the test version of 0.15 that I peeked into with SLADE had holes on the Hand Cannon, which I wasn't too keen about... this version does not. My apologies. :(

The rail gun isn't working unfortunately. It's just another plasma gun in-game and you can't reselect it once you've picked it up and switched. A minor bug, but can be annoying when you want to enjoy a good invasion map in Skulltag.

Speaking of invasion, this makes my computer lag like shite in invasion, and I have an HD 5770 with an i7 2600K. Maybe limit the amount of gibs to be reasonable? Set a limit where it won't be noticeable on single player maps maybe. But for invasion, the lag can get a little unbearable (below 30 FPS).

@LightningBolt101: I've never encountered any lag (then again, I had to set cl_capfps to "true" to maintain the old-school Doom feeling), but from my personal experience, any large maps containing a shitload amount of objects/monsters can slow GZDoom/Skulltag down to a crawl.

Also...

Marnetmar said:

No.

Maybe the berserk pack could make the kicking action gib enemies as well. I mean, why not? Also, the way that an enemy's damage sound repeats over and over again when you've caused it to kneel gets annoying after awhile. Maybe just find a way to prolong the sound instead? The grenade launcher sprite from kdizd is kind of ugly as well.

Thanks a lot!!! I've been waiting for this impatiently!I just love Brutal Doom!Also,can someone tell me the concrete changes over 0.14?I' with my handleld device,but i'm just dying to find out!

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Thanks a lot!!! I've been waiting for this impatiently!I just love Brutal Doom!Also,can someone tell me the concrete changes over 0.14?I' with my handleld device,but i'm just dying to find out!

From the changelog..

- New fatality for Pain Elemental. Remade Mancubus's fatality.
- Added a new animation for the Mancubus's death when killed by Minigun/Chainsaw made by Eriance.
- Awesome new realistic and nasty wall decals
- Better water effects
- Reverted the rifle sprite back to the original one, but with a few changes. Added new sound effect for it.
- Increased kick damage and range
- Reduced the damage of all Imp's attacks
- Increased damage in Demon's attacks
- Fixed a bug that could make blood decals spawn behind monsters near other monster that was shoot/gibbed.
- Added more counter-measures to prevent 3rd person camera of not initializing during a fatality.
- Fixed weird AI with Wolfenstein SS
- Increased the damage of Flame Cannon and Revenant Rockets.
- New "soft" death for Archvile when killed by low damage weapons
- Fixed a bug causing archviles deal no more than 15 damage per attack
- Better effects for the captured lost soul when you throw them
- New death animation for the player: Arm disembowment
- Fixed a bug that could allow the SSG alt fire to be used even if the player had no ammo.
- Fixed a bug that could allow the player to harvest a flame cannon from the same Mancubus body infinite times
- New sprites for Rockets
- Fixed a bug that could make barrels disapear if a player uses the alt fire button to drop them in the ground
- Chaingunguys were not droping their Miniguns when killed by a point-blank SSG Shot, or Smash Mode punch. Fixed.
- Trying to use an imp brutalized by minigun fire as meatshield would give the player a Sergeant meat shield. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug making the player punch right after selecting the fists with berserk in Smash mode.
- Improved shotgun sprites.
- Changed Plasma Gun sound effects.
- Fixed MP40's infinite reloading bug.
- Improved the fingers on the Shotgun pumping sprites.
- Re-introduced the Skulltag weapons Railgun and Grenade Launcher, but the only way to get these weapons, is to play maps that contains them, or via cheats. It means that in most cases, you can't have access to these weapons.
- Rockets will deal more target damage, and reduced area damage.
- Minigun's alt fire will no longer stop player from moving.
- Improved Lost Soul's AI.
- New smoke effects for exploded barrel that will reduce fps lag.
- Reduced the number of pellets fired by the Shotgun Zombie from 9 to 8.
- Bullet decals will be spawned on floors and ceiling.
- Fixed a bug causing game to crash when a player gets the random powerup sphere.
- Fixed some issues of friendly fire caused by the NPC Marines.
- Changed the Cyberdemon's main attack to an explosive energy ball attack. It now deals a bit less damage, enough to survive if you are hit by it when you have health over 120, and some armor.
- New Feature: Curbstomps. When you remove the leg of a zombieman or shotgunguy, and he starts to crawl away, kick him to make a "mini-fatality" (No Berserk pack is required to do this)
- Polished Cacodemon, Zombieman, and Chaingunguy deaths.
- Polished brain and head pieces gibs.
- Fixed missing sprites for Minigun (Thanks to Popsoap)
- Polished some Blood particles
- Fixed a bug with Arachnotrons and Mancubus disapearing when killed by a Demon in an infight
- For now, while I can finish all Skulltag monsters, they were replaced by their Vanilla counterparts (exept Belphegor, because he is the only one finished ATM)

Mr. Chris said:

- New fatality for Pain Elemental. Remade Mancubus's fatality.
- Added a new animation for the Mancubus's death when killed by Minigun/Chainsaw made by Eriance.
- Awesome new realistic and nasty wall decals
- Better water effects
- Reverted the rifle sprite back to the original one, but with a few changes. Added new sound effect for it.
- Increased kick damage and range
- Reduced the damage of all Imp's attacks
- Increased damage in Demon's attacks
- Fixed a bug that could make blood decals spawn behind monsters near other monster that was shoot/gibbed.
- Added more counter-measures to prevent 3rd person camera of not initializing during a fatality.
- Fixed weird AI with Wolfenstein SS
- Increased the damage of Flame Cannon and Revenant Rockets.
- New "soft" death for Archvile when killed by low damage weapons
- Fixed a bug causing archviles deal no more than 15 damage per attack
- Better effects for the captured lost soul when you throw them
- New death animation for the player: Arm disembowment
- Fixed a bug that could allow the SSG alt fire to be used even if the player had no ammo.
- Fixed a bug that could allow the player to harvest a flame cannon from the same Mancubus body infinite times
- New sprites for Rockets
- Fixed a bug that could make barrels disapear if a player uses the alt fire button to drop them in the ground
- Chaingunguys were not droping their Miniguns when killed by a point-blank SSG Shot, or Smash Mode punch. Fixed.
- Trying to use an imp brutalized by minigun fire as meatshield would give the player a Sergeant meat shield. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug making the player punch right after selecting the fists with berserk in Smash mode.
- Changed Plasma Gun sound effects.
- Fixed MP40's infinite reloading bug.

? These are from the 0.14 changelog... This is what the 0.15 changelog should look like...

- Re-introduced the Skulltag weapons Railgun and Grenade Launcher, but the only way to get these weapons, is to play maps that contains them, or via cheats. It means that in most cases, you can't have access to these weapons.
- Fixed a bug causing game to crash when a player gets the random powerup sphere.
- Fixed some issues of friendly fire caused by the NPC Marines.
- Changed the Cyberdemon's main attack to an explosive energy ball attack. It now deals a bit less damage, enough to survive if you are hit by it when you have health over 120, and some armor.
- New Feature: Curbstomps. When you remove the leg of a zombieman or shotgunguy, and he starts to crawl away, kick him to make a "mini-fatality" (No Berserk pack is required to do this)
- Fixed a bug with Arachnotrons and Mancubus disappearing when killed by a Demon in an infight
- For now, while I can finish all Skulltag monsters, they were replaced by their Vanilla counterparts (exept Belphegor, because he is the only one finished ATM)

v15a hotfix is up. Some serious bugs were spoted in V15, and it required an emergency update. Please, delete the older version, and download the new one. Some new polished stuff is present too.

v15
- FIxed some issues of friendly fire caused by the NPC Marines.

v15a hotfix
- Fixed a bug with flying blood not generating wall blood decals.
- Fixed a bug causing zombiemen to drop 2 rifles when is leg blows up.
- Fixed a bug with some gibs looping its flying animation forever, even after hiting the ground.
- Improved some sprites of one of the Imp's Rip and Tear Kills.
- Fixed a bug with rifle messing up when kicking while aiming down the sights.
- Fixed a bug causing the Chaingunguy to not drop his weapon after getting killed by fire attacks.
- Better Plasma Rifle sprite (made by SigFloyd)
- (Skulltag) Fixed Railgun spawn.

Umm...you know that cracked screen thing that appears when your health goes below 20 or sthing?No offense,but it's just horrible in 0.15.Perhaps you could consider reverting it to the 0.14 state in the next release?It looked better.

Using the gzdoom version and autoaim doesn't appear to work, not a big issue but handy on my laptop.

Szymanski said:

Using the gzdoom version and autoaim doesn't appear to work, not a big issue but handy on my laptop.

You're not supposed to use autoaim because it will also aim at the various gibs by mistake if you're also fighting enemies within range of them.

I downloaded 15a from the Skulltag link on the first post, but it does not come with the Readme text, only changelogs & the pk3. is that available? downloading an old version to get it would take me a long time..

Mr. Chris said:

You're not supposed to use autoaim because it will also aim at the various gibs by mistake if you're also fighting enemies within range of them.

You know, I'm suprised that for all ZDoom's vaunted modding features that it doesn't appear to (correct me if I am wrong?) have a mob flag that makes an object shootable, but not be auto aimed at.

Beautiful Doom had the same issue.

Heretic actually has such a feature on its Puff Pods, though Raven tied it to the mob ID.

EDIT: Upon checking, ZDoom doesn't appear to retain the above feature.

Smart autoaim - monsters only could be kind of a workaround for that. I was just playing Skulltag Brutal Doom without freelook & that option set; didn't have any trouble firing over the piles of corpses and squished bits. I was just running around E1M1 and Map01 though.

The lack of autoaim doesn't bother me. *shrugs*

Love this mod, and the hotfix.

I have a humble request: can someone tell me what I can do to make the shotgun count each shell loaded as one? If you noticed, a fully loaded shotty fires twelve, but each shell doom guy reloads counts as two. I want to know how to make each shell count as one so he reloads a total of twelve shells instead of six. Thanks!

(it would also be cool to learn how to do more tweaking, like making the shotgun hold 8 shells(like the Duke Plus Cruizer shotty), etc)

This runs * looks great on Skulltag for me (even when toning down the visuals for performance), but when using my controller on Skulltag I always run & +speed slows me down, instead of the right way around.

I just got the latest version of GZDoom which controls just fine, but my notebook igp can't handle the Brutal Doom flare effects. all the health pickups & barrels flicker when I move around.

maybe it will all work out for me one of these days...

One thing that Mark forgot to mention in the 0.15 changelog is that the Plasma Rifle now needs to reload after 50 shots instead of 100.

HavoX said:

One thing that Mark forgot to mention in the 0.15 changelog is that the Plasma Rifle now needs to reload after 50 shots instead of 100.

BAH. WHY?

I'll download the mod and play it. I need to see if the glitch remains.(jumping onto a tied marine, kicking him in head, he dissapears)

Rambosee said:

BAH. WHY?

Beats me; maybe 100 shots is too much for a small energy cell? :\

But it's his mod, and he's free to change anything he sees fit.