Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I still find if funny that so many government officials in the States and Israel is even attempting to turn Iran into the boogie man of the Middle East. All one has to do is look at the amount of US Military bases in the Middle East and the many that surround Iran to understand whats really going on.
Simply put Iran isn't doing what they are being told and its pissing the governments of Israel and the US off.

Every star is a known US Military base.

To be honest if I was a member of the Iranian government I'd be hell bent on getting a nuclear weapon also [if thats even there goal] At this point I'm more worried about the US/Israeli Government doing something stupid that the innocent citizens of the US, Iran and Israel will end up paying for.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/228500.html

North Korea always makes these kinds of statements but when their ally says something like this maybe the US and South Korea should reconsider holding their so called military exercises. Not that I think countries shouldn't have these kinds of exercises but why stir something up when the world economy is currently in Hell?

On another note:

http://www.debka.com/article/21770/

"Debkafile reports exclusively that Washington and Ankara warned Assad through confidential channels that if he interfered in this emergency route, US and Turkish warplanes would fly in from East Turkey with air cover.

North Korea tends to wail like a hungry baby whenever military exercises are held south of the border, nothing new about that or their belligerent rhetoric. What we don't know is whether the North's new despot will use the exercises as an excuse to demonstrate his total control by ordering limited military strikes against the South.

Unlikely to happen I'd say. There's an exceedingly strong likelihood of a large Middle-East conflict, though.

DooMAD said:

Unlikely to happen I'd say. There's an exceedingly strong likelihood of a large Middle-East conflict, though.

Never say never.

North Korea: We are ready for nuclear war

And then there is the tensions between India and Pakistan. But it would be interesting if both nations join the SCO.

Oh wait a minute now...

Hmm, so if US and NATO impose an aerial blockade on Syria, would Russian fighters respond in defense of that state?

Satyr000 said:
I still find if funny that so many government officials in the States and Israel is even attempting to turn Iran into the boogie man of the Middle East. All one has to do is look at the amount of US Military bases in the Middle East and the many that surround Iran to understand whats really going on.

And the Arab League countries pressuring Syria pretty much coincide with ones that have US military bases on them.

DooMAD said:
Russia openly calls out the US government on their true intentions in Iran. Hopefully the US public start to do the same pretty soon and this bullshit can come to an end before things escalate any further.

One thing that struck me is how much the Iran sanctions coincided with the European troika (IMF, ECB and EC) pressures on various member countries. Iran's main clients in Europe were in fact Spain, Italy and Greece, all of which are being treated severely by the troika to degrade their welfare systems. Losing the stability of an important and independent oil provider left them in an even weaker position to negotiate.

The powers that be are aware that Iran uses it's oil sales to feed it's citizens, So what do they do? Issue sanctions on Iran's oil. I fucking hate politics.

Nukes aren't useful, unless you like pissing and shitting in your own food.

hex11 said:

Nukes aren't useful, unless you like pissing and shitting in your own food.

OTOH, if you slap the words "small" and "tactical" on them and use them strictly on the turf of proxies, they suddenly become much more acceptable. A Hiroshima-class bomb would be considered "tactical" nowadays, and, hey, after all, Japan just took two small atom bombs and no long-term damage was done to it as a whole. Not only it survived but it also became a prospering economy under the US occupation guidance, so it can't be all THAT bad right? One or two little atom bombs to cure a big ailment....like a purging enema to cleanse everything that's Bad....the question is, who'll be the excreta?

The USA got away with using nukes in WW2 because nobody else had them. Those days are long gone, and anybody who uses them is going to be on the receiving end of what they're dishing out. An american nuke in the middle-east may well result in a suitcase nuke taking out heavily populated areas of NYC, DC, or other large metropolitan areas. It isn't worth the risk...

MRB_Doom said:
Russian Premier vows to ward off attack on Iran

This is getting eerie.

I don't think so because he's saying he will do everything to prevent the conflict, which reaffirms his diplomatic stance to dissuade the West from harassing Iran rather than to "ward off" attacks in a forceful sense.

myk said:

I don't think so because he's saying he will do everything to prevent the conflict, which reaffirms his diplomatic stance to dissuade the West from harassing Iran rather than to "ward off" attacks in a forceful sense.

I think my expression meant the atmosphere surrounding this whole issue, rather than Putin's words regarding the crisis. But I get your point.

GreyGhost said:

Putin's tough talk is 90% electioneering, reminding everyone that he's a REAL tough guy before going back to his old job as president.

This. I immediately saw a similarity between this and Obama's "This is the term where I actually follow up on that stuff I promised" State of the Union speech. Every politician does a variation of this when their (potential) position is coming up for election.

If you check the article you'll see Putin isn't saying much that he hasn't been doing till now. Also, not all politicians make bold promises or do so to the same degree, especially when going for a reelection where the candidate can refer to what's been done in the previous mandate. In any case, its true that Obama needs electoral support to do what he didn't do, since he got sidelined midterm when people gave support to Republican legislators, so he can say: "if you vote me I can do these things, but if you vote the other guys... look at what happened in the last two years".

Obama threatens Iran with military attack over N-energy case

I agree with the text / warning from Iran stating that this war, whether it gets hot or not, may well indeed spread beyond the Middle East.

From the tiny amount of information that I have gathered so far, underground cities in Sweden may prove to be the most precious location to be staying at if this crisis gets "hot", at least for the people living here.

Credible or not, take a peek. Sweden is mentioned below.

I guess I can get in touch with Försvarsmakten / Swedish Armed Forces but I don't think they would reveal any sensitive information to me just because I am a curious Swedish citizen.

But hey, if I could contact someone on the inside who would be kind / willing enough to disclose certain aspects of the materials observed, maybe I still have a chance?

Sanction related deaths in Iraq... who are the real terrorists? I ask myself this everyday. People have been saying that the deaths could even be somewhere around 2 million, but don't quote me on that... in any case this wretch deserves to get lynched. ;)

Technician said:

This is your chance, America. An opportunity for more meddling.

Haha I hope your being sarcastic.

It seems like the American population (especially "conservatives") have been brainwashed into thinking that America are the good guys here? It is terrifying to see what media is capable of...

It looks like the core cause is the Israeli government and its US lobby groups trying to drive attention away from the Palestine issue, because Israel has never been so alone on the matter. Aside from that, Europe's crackdown on some of the EU members and Republicans and the FOX-centric media using this to try to make Obama look "like a pussy" during the elections run-up period are contributing factors. From what I've read, Obama is averse to military intervention due to costs and to avoid coming out as unjust as Bush in Iraq, the US population at large doesn't support it, the Israeli population is divided on the matter and is by and large against it without US involvement, and top US and Israeli intelligence consider an attack to be self-defeating or "extremely stupid".

MRB_Doom said:

US senator urges naval blockade of Iran oil

How much pressure does the Islamic Republic need to get pounded up their ass with anyway?

That would be an act of war under international law. Perhaps like most american politicians, he seems to think the law doesn't actually apply to the US unless it suits them. Hope their defence cuts didn't include lifeboats.

But what the hell are they going to make movies about for our grandchildren if we aren't always blowing people up? :p