Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

Strafe40 is faster than strafe50 in that maze when not going for UV-speed because you can cut corners much better and the angle is always 'correct'. With strafe50 the angle is f***ed up all the time.

I really enjoyed your skillful racing, Archy and Ancalagon. Now the time is really far away from Kai-Uwe's famous 3:01 record.

As for which angles to choose, it's often a matter of individual habits. For example, in some runs there are some intense sequences of running/turning which I only can comfortably execute using Strafe50.

Also, thanks to Archy for linking to that ugly piece of antiques (F4M6-319). It reminded me how slowly I moved 2 years ago :-)

Woo so many posts just because of that demo, some things to answer. I can't understand anything about the sr40/50 posts, I noticed I never do sr50 some days ago, when I acticated "always sr50" to test something.

Gusta said:

Do you work on these too? you only mentioned map 08 being in progress.

I am doing as many plutonia maps as i can, i just got bored of plutonia while playing map08 and went to another wad (same happened with mm2), but i'll go back to them later. Also map05 is too hard to beat (vile's lucky infight >:( )

Archy said:

Oh WTF that shit's TASed...
But in all seriousness, you should try out vanilla Doom; You're defiantly C-N material.

A TAS would not miss shoots and get stuck in walls...
Really, idon't care about C-N, if people feel pro saying "I have C-N entries!!" they can go with it, but i won't play with a worse port just to add 2 letters at the right of my demos in dsda.

TimeOfDeath said:

Ok Ancalagon, it's time to tell us how old you are, please. :P

Nope :P

This must be my longest post in the forum.

I said:

Oh WTF that shit's TASed...

Ancalagon replied:
A TAS would not miss shoots and get stuck in walls...

I was joking, hence the "But in all seriousness" part, but when I first watched one of your demos (PL01-204), I seriously though it was tool-assisted but after doing some things on LMPC, I concluded it was legitimate.

My post was somewhat of a reference to this, which of course no one but me would understand.

Ancalagon also said:

This must be my longest post in the forum.

Nope, this is the longest post in the forum.

Edit: Didn't see the "my" in that statement.

Ancalagon, what's your key binding? I'd like to see how you play.

Here's mine just in case someone wants to know:
GF: W
GB: S
SL: A
SR: D
TL: k
TR: ;
FW: O & Right Click
Strafe on: L & Left Click
UT: SPACEBAR

That's my normal config but sometimes I set TR and Strafe On to E, making E an immediate SR50 key.

I'm currently toying with the idea of using this setup:
GF: E
GB: D
SL: S
SR: F
TL: W
TR: R
FW: Right Click
Strafe on: R & Left Click
UT: SPACEBAR

This way, R will immediate activate SR50 and with Left Click, W will immediately activate SL50.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's an acronym decoder:
http://www.quakewiki.net/archives/demospecs/lmpc-stable/lmpc-7.html#ss7.3

Archy said:
What on earth does PRBoom+ do to files these days???

Haha, indeed. This is a good example of the demo footer extension breaking unrelated software. When entryway first implemented demo footers I told him if he started adding metadata after the 0x80 end marker it would cause problems for others, but he wouldn't listen...

huh, I just use arrows for movement, left click to shoot and right click to use, ctrl for ssg, shift for chaingun or rl, depending on the map and enter for bfg or plasma, thats all.

Ancalagon said:

huh, I just use arrows for movement, left click to shoot and right click to use, ctrl for ssg, shift for chaingun or rl, depending on the map and enter for bfg or plasma, thats all.

Why is it every Doom-God uses the most primitive control schemes? How long have you been playing Doom?

Edit: Are you left-handed?

Too many questions, well, they are more free posts for me (150 :D)

Archy said:

How long have you been playing Doom?

Edit: Are you left-handed?

I played the game when i was child, just beating it, I started playing for real 3 years ago in skulltag.

NOP

Archy said:

I was joking, hence the "But in all seriousness" part, but when I first watched one of your demos (PL01-204), I seriously though it was tool-assisted but after doing some things on LMPC, I concluded it was legitimate.

that impression comes from his playing style, imo. you rarely see players run past enemies, make a flash turn and shoot them casually while still moving forward - except in built demos, for which it's rather typical. it's risky, for sure, hence it's rarely seen, but it pays off, and requires great skill.

TimeOfDeath said:

Ok Ancalagon, it's time to tell us how old you are, please. :P

All I can say is that Ancalagon is a good-looking manwhore from a spanish speaking south american country.

It says he's from Chile when he plays ZDaemon. I asked ages a while ago in-game on ZDaemon, but he refused to say, and now he refuses again. :(

TimeOfDeath said:

It says he's from Chile when he plays ZDaemon. I asked ages a while ago in-game on ZDaemon, but he refused to say, and now he refuses again. :(

Same, I also hope to know where he lives, how old and his real face. In youtube it says he lives in some sort of island, but..........

Why are you people such stalkers? Does it matter his age, his location, the sexual orientation of his grandfather? If he doesn't want to tell, let that be the end of it, otherwise, you may risk being mistaken for a communist or quite possibly, members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Archy said:

Why are you people such stalkers? Does it matter his age, his location, the sexual orientation of his grandfather?

indeed
awesome runs anca!

Ancalagon said:

Map08 max in 3:33
Demo would be awesome but there is a very ugly mistake :(

Seriously, by that "ugly" mistake you meant ... what? Missing BK switch before the end? I haven't noticed anything else and this is really not a big deal ;-) Great demos, again, pure plutonia-action pleasure :-)

Gusta said:

Seriously, by that "ugly" mistake you meant ... what? Missing BK switch before the end? I haven't noticed anything else and this is really not a big deal ;-) Great demos, again, pure plutonia-action pleasure :-)

i agree, i just remembered of the mistake uve written about... and ive seen nothing worth to mention
map8 demo is great

Archy said:

Why are you people such stalkers? Does it matter his age, his location, the sexual orientation of his grandfather? If he doesn't want to tell, let that be the end of it, otherwise, you may risk being mistaken for a communist or quite possibly, members of the Ku Klux Klan.

Crusty middle-aged doomers make me horny, so I had to ask... But seriously, age/location/etc doesn't matter to me, but I think it's nice to know that info about the fellow speedrunners who post in this forum. It makes it seem like we're real people instead of a bunch of robots, and I'm surprised that people would keep that info secret.

TimeOfDeath said:

But seriously, age/location/etc doesn't matter to me, but I think it's nice to know that info about the fellow speedrunners who post in this forum. It makes it seem like we're real people instead of a bunch of robots, and I'm surprised that people would keep that info secret.

Ahh, makes sens now.

plutonia 16 max 2:29

Hmm, still a suckage most likely but I don't have all that much time to replay now. Maybe someone gets inspired.

pl16-229.zip

TNT Map 23 - UV Speed / Pacifist in 0:24
I just downloaded some new compet-n demos and tried what NoobBait describes in his 0:28 run - worked fine :-)
This is not compet-n demo anyway.

ev23p024.zip

j4rio said:

turns out the "RL" really did mean rocket launcher

(:

Considering that I successfully finished c-shock2.wad today ... you are probably right :)