Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MACVILWHORE

rolly POLLie

ANOTHER POLL!!! HIPPITY DO DO FNerd!!!!

What was either the funniest, wierdest, or most annoying thing to ever happen to you in any FPS (not just doom)

And for something strange, go
HERE j00 frads

Something quite cool happened to me yesterday on Serious Sam. I was playing the dunes level, and I got sandwiched between two Werebulls. This sent me about 100 feet in the air, from which point I could se the entire level stretched out before me. My framerate dropped to 2.3! It was actually quite funny though.

Funniest: I don't know exactly, though just today I was deathmatching a newbie (Keyboard player probably-I led by 23 frags, and I'm only an average player) on the suburbs, and after finding the BFG and shooting his non strafing peashooting self with it, he chatted "Hey I want that gun". I knew where it was and gave him step by step instructions to get there, but, to his misfortune, I had decided to sit there waiting for him to come with everybody's favorite green plasma gun in hand :)

Wierdest: The BFG turning into a little rod with JDoom

Most annoying: The pain elementals. Period.

I know those were all about doom, but that's all I could think of right now.

This is not an FPS nor it is a PC game, but what the hell.

Gran Turismo 2 has a lot of bugs that have interesting effects. This one was particularly cool.
I was driving an Unisia Jecs Skyline in Laguna Seca with CPU opponents. All was going fine, I was leading the race, with the Takata NSX right behind me. Then I made an error and went into the outside of the bend just before the straightaway leading to the corkscrew, loosing a few seconds, and allowing the NSX to overtake.

I eventually got face-to-face with the NSX just before the corkscrew - this was when the fun started. Both cars instantly leaped like 10 meters in the air, and mine fell on top of the other, merging with it (apparently there's no collision detection on the tops of the cars - don't ask). This, er, thing moved forward at 100KPH and hit the corkscrew tire barrier.

Then the cars separated, my control started shaking permanently and the Skyline was at over 600KPH (!) bouncing on the track borders until it reached the finish line in 1st place.

I was never able to reproduce this again, unfortunately.

A door squished and killed me in Duke3d, what kind of a door kills you?

Umm one that is made of titanium and can crush thru human bone just like the one in duke3d?

If you stand under a garage door as its coming down, it can saquash you (with nasty results), and elevator doors as well.

To me the funniest was the Security Sector in QuakeII. In the level, some Marines where kept in cells, I opened and emptied the cells. Than I got the attention of the boss man, he followed slowly, I run around to the upper level of the jail. He followed, saw me, walked right into the cell below. I jumped down, closed the cell.
As you know in Quake you move back and forth between levels. Every time I moved from one level back to this one, I “knocked” at his door, and he went “hahum, hahum” shooting his rockets.

OK maybe not thaaat funny.

That would have to be the "Ultimate Frag". It didn't happen to me, but to 2 friends. Anyway, we were on a LAN party playing Quake2, and one of them fragged the other one with the supershotgun at zero range. Anyway, this "frag" ended crashing Q2 for the victim, exiting to Windows, falling unto a Blue Screen, and then to a GDI problem that killed the OS. He had to reinstall everything.

Now that's a definitive frag.

in Turok: Dinosaur hunter when you put in cheats to make enemies small/big heads etc...i put little enemies on and went to go fight the cybernetic rex and let it kill me...the cut scene which follows is funny as hell...it shows turok flying in the air and slowly dissappearing (as if getting eaten by a normal rex) but since its small you cant see it and turok just disappears into nothing

Ok, one night I was fragging a helpless fellow, on "Dead Simple". As we run along, he found himself facing the wrong end of my rocket launcher. I fired 2 rockets in sequence. The FIRST one kills, him, right ? He respawns somewhere further away, in time to get fragged by the SECOND rocket I fired some time ago....

Funniest: Luring Sirian Werebulls into the pit on the Metropolis level in Serious Sam.

Wierdest: In Half-Life: Blue Shift, I reached two medkits that are across the broken bridge riding a Barnacle's tongue until I was high enough so I could kill the Barnacle and land on the other side of the Broken Bridge.

Most Annoying: The Bunker levels in Half-Life when I have low health.

What was either the funniest, wierdest, or most annoying thing to ever happen to you in any FPS (not just doom)

Funniest? Blood. DM. I was laying green proximity mines all over the place. Then I ran along a catwalk on the top. A bomb went off. I almost shit my pants thinking I hit it. Nope, he did. Right after he got a super armor and a life seed. He FLEW right me from 20 feet below and the SPLIT second I saw him in my POV I emptied my double barrelled shotty into his fucking face. His body few about two hundred feet into the air until it hit a wall and slid to the ground. Fucking hilarious, I almost fell out of my chair.

Weirdest? I dunno, I've seen some pretty goofass stuff. How about when you pull out your nine in SoF and start popping some guy in the foot? Do it again, but to the other foot, its funny. Four times later and he dies. There must be some secret vital organ in the foot we're not being told about.

Annoying thing? The auto connect in Half-Life. Nine times out of ten you have to download some 8 meg level to play it. The other one time it takes you into a TFC game where everyone's ping hovers around 900. Fucking great.

The ONE time I played TFC seriously there was this one asshole who kept shooting me. I had to tell him four times I was on his team. After roaming the map for five minutes with no kills displayed some guy said:

Is it just me or does these new TFC levels blow?

Soon followed by:

Blows.
Blows.
bl0ws
blows
blows.
bloews

Then I typed:

Sucks, whoops, I mean blows

Then we all played for another three minutes with ZERO fucking action and I disconnected. Fucking TFC.

I once modified the doom source to make the bfg bounce around the room.

I tried to do that. Somehow, I did something so that when you fired a shot, if it hit any structure (like a wall, low ceiling, staircase, etc.) it would just sit there. It was kinda funny playing multiplayer because then you could kinda leave BFG shots laying around like mines. Some guy would run up a staircase, run into the BFG shot sitting on the top step and end up WAY down at the other end of the hall. Sometimes people would just tap them and instantly end up on the other side of the room, that's when it looked the funniest.

[edit]POST 6666, YOU MISERABLE KNUCKLE TRUMPETS[/edit]

In quake 3 i was fighting xaero and he hit me in mid-air with his railgun sending me up to the very top of the crusher thingy. Lets jsut say that i made the rest of my frags on him in less than a minute form there (sniping with the bfg, he couldnt dodge...).

In one of my mods for dosdoom (or edge, 4long time ago), i made a dark staff replica from rise of the triad and made the projectiles not only bounce but they also created another projectile next to them every such and such amount of time - it locked my computer up because i guess by the time it was over there were aobut 1000 projectiles bouncing all over every which part of the room.

In my deathtc mod for edge, back in it's early stages (just before I had replaced the baron's gfx with the shambler's - i was beta testing him), in e2m7 of doom1, I was walking aorund the level trying to figure out where this demon noise was coming from because i tohught i had killed all the monsters in the level. As it turns out the baron of hell/shambler that was down the corridor on the right tunnel form where you start had made his way into the blue-door section and had somehow got himself stuck up in that one area with the pool of nukage. I made the dumb mistake of going up there right next to that room, going into automap and takign follow mode off (i didnt access the map until then... lets jsut say that I franticially tried to mvoe away from the bastard but i was out of follow mode, then the screen turned red) ["I dont have time for you, theres a dangeorus monster aorund here and you'd better be careful... splat."].

Recently, in my deathtc mod i was playing on e2m5 and had holed myslef up in the room at the end of the concrete hallway (near start) hiding from the shamblers and cacos. I had to fight the imps with my chainsaw and i took alot of damage. I opened the door to peek out and aobut 4 fireballs came rushing in, then when i tried to close the door the shambler jsut opened it back up again, when i sidestepped back into that one corner the big burly bastard jsut dove for me and the screen turned really red ["Everybody on the ground now! We're kicking down the door"].

I got a whole bunch of berserkers in Quake 2 to get into a fight with a tank boss - they killed him ["Mutiny!!!"].

The funniest thing that happened to me recently in an FPS was during a LAN game at a friend's house.

We were playing Quake 3(so sue me), in a really cool level called "runtfest", which is basically some guy's bedroom blown up to enormous proportions, so the player is about half the size of a soda can (most levels with this theme don't turn out so good, but this one kicked ass, I tell you). Anyway, I was chasing my friend with a rocket launcher, and he hopped down into an open drawer as one of my rockets went sailing over his head, and I heard him grabbing ammo inside, so I jumped down to the floor and ran around to the back of the dresser, which was open, and he jumped out without looking and landed right on my head. He just looked down at me for a second, and then I grinned and fired a rocket right up his ass.