Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Seriously?! You're going to pull THAT off and not say a word?

Just...WOW! I can't believe how many times you got insanely lucky in that demo.

Andy Olivera said:

Seriously?! You're going to pull THAT off and not say a word?

Just...WOW! I can't believe how many times you got insanely lucky in that demo.

Haha, I'm not too talkative. Your demo really helped btw.

Oh, and now that there's lost stuff retrieving going on, can a certain special someone post this and this demo? I recall them being cool and stuff so they should be at dsda.

lols @ DRM's comment in the second link: "its too pretty you fuckin sellout"

I don't have those demos but I have some old ones from ggg's early maps from last decade. Do you still have all your old maps and demos GGGMORK? You damn well better. That shit deserves better than a bunch of dead links. :) I'm gonna go through his whole posting history and make a list of his maps one day.

So, when my birthday came, valkiriforce made me a birthday map, which I had lost long ago. Yesterday, I asked him to send me it again and here is my appreciation for it!

1ntru UV-Max in 4:35

1ntru435.zip

Philnemba said:

... and skip e1m9 cause it doesn't have monsters to kill

Hmmm, I thought that for UV-Max Movie you need to visit all maps. No?

Memfis said:

Hmmm, I thought that for UV-Max Movie you need to visit all maps. No?

Under normal circumstances I would usual go and max the secret map but because there are no monsters at all I can technically skip it since I'm trying to kill all monsters as quickly as possible. I could be wrong on the whole thing but don't care as I'm not redoing it :P

Generally, the question doesn't arise (I don't recall any precedents), as there aren't many maps without any monsters or secrets, and the standard secret maps clearly need to be visited in a Max movie.

The compet-n rules (from which the demos community has tended to take its lead) do explictly specify that secret maps need to be visited, which could be taken to mean that they are pretty much regarded as a secret in themselves, which can't therefore be skipped. On the other hand, there aren't any secretless and monsterless secret maps in any of the compet-n wads, so you could argue that this exact question didn't really come up there.

I'd tend towards the view that secret maps are secrets, and therefore must be visited (even if empty) in a category that requires 100% secrets. One question then is whether monsterless secret maps can be skipped in a Tyson movie. (Edit: I agree with Vile's post below.)

Grazza said:

One question then is whether monsterless secret maps can be skipped in a Tyson movie.

I would say yes. Since the only goal is to kill all of the monsters with limited weapons, it is still accomplished if you skip a map that has none.

dickie01.wad

4:27 uv max
DI01-427

First map by famous Richard Wiles, author Crusades. And very rough one (not a compliment). But making this demo was fun - full of action here!

Include bonus demo DI01shit, one of crappy previous exits, in 4:39. Watch it at sec 215 and learn how to dispatch an imp in close distance with only FIVE ssg shots :)

PS Found this wad via http://onemandoom.blogspot.com , indeed a great wad reviewing blog. Recommended!

di01-427.zip