Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Maes's Colorful And Happy Multicultural Tolerance Thread!

Violator said:

Multiculturalism is pretty much responsible for the fall of Western civilization.

I think this quote would be a good custom title for Violator. It would help him spread his apocalyptic message and serve as a usual reminder for all the doomed Westerners on the forum.

Multiculturalism only fails when it falls from secularism. Much like how many European nations often turn a blind eye to Islamic extremest hijinx.

Clonehunter said:

> Multicultural Tolerance Thread

I didn't read the whole thread, anyone make a joke about that Norwegian guy yet?

No...

Apparently having corpses floating in the river is a normal part of India culture:
http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/filthy-india-photos-chinese-netizen-reactions.html

Whatever, their culture is better than mine where fat people eat at McDonalds which are actually located inside walmarts. In some other documentary called 'india land of the tiger' there was a really cool group of people that seemed to live in harmony with nature, what an alien concept.

The reason corpses flood the rivers is becasue wood has become such a scarce commodity, the poor can't afford to burn, or burn properly, their dead. Even if spreading ashes on the river wasn't traditional, they'd still have no place to bury the corpses.

EDIT: Reading some of those oriental comments is an act of enlightenment. The Poe is through the roof, but a few of them are eerily correct in an ironic kind of way.

Heh. 'Multiculturism' is one or those terms that's got so many contrasting connotations that I don't even know what it means any more. Makes it super-difficult to talk about.

Violator said:

What am I? Human.

Are you sure?

Violator said:

Personally I hate all foreigners in my country regardless of race.

Wait, I thought you lived in Southern Africa?

Csonicgo said:

The United States wasn't founded on this, so it seems alien to most Americans, like myself.

I think the fact that the US was originally colonised by a range of Dutch, British, Spanish and French (amongst other European nations) settlers who all had a lot of initial squabbling and native-evicting to do probably tells the lie here. Yes, eventually the idea was for everybody to be united under one flag, but even then you had the whole American Civil War.

Now we move into modern history, where the US takes part in exactly the same sort of nationalist fighting on a global scale. You're just as bad as every where else :P

PS: If I've completely missed some sublime level of sarcasm there and you're actually fully aware of all this, then LALALAAA I'MNOTLISTENING :P

Krispy said:

No...

Oh if I wanted to take the time to make one myself, but I was hoping there'd be some on the table already. We could use more insensitive people. >_>

Mr. Freeze said:

I can't wait to marry a brown/black woman to piss off racists.

This can actually backfire, if her parents have self-hating racist ideas of their own, thinking stuff ranging from "ooooh so whitey thinks he can mignle with our gals?!" to "our daughter must only marry someone from her own community/race/ethnicity" etc.

So even if you want to show off yourself as tolerant (or even if you simply dig a chick no matter if she's black, asian or whataever without giving two shits about tolerancec), chances are that you will displease her family or even most of her people, in some way of the other. Well...that's a given no matter who you marry...but you get my point ;-)

Personally I hate all foreigners in my country regardless of race.

Thanks for clearing that up. For a second there, I thought you were a bigot.

Maes said:

This can actually backfire, if her parents...

Nah, it's going to backfire because "spiting off other people" isn't a solid rock upon which to build a marriage. At least, it shouldn't be the only motivation.

Phobus said:
The Greek history of not giving a shit about taxes and their government's joy of borrowing without thought to repayment is pretty much the entire reason all of this austerity stuff has come in. Same in the rest of the EU, but Greece and certain other countries were "leading lights" in this particular fashion of massive indebting.

The initial EU treaty demanded austerity measures (deficit and debt limits.) As for Greece, it was introduced in the EU even though it didn't meet the necessary conditions with the "help" of Goldman Sachs, one of the main firms that's doing business from European debt and also one of the firms that benefited from US government backing in the 2008 crisis.

European countries in the EU lose their financial and monetary sovereignty so they can do little more than cutbacks or obtain debts (that supposedly have a limit) to avoid deficits and debts. The solution leads to recession. Some will try to say that lower wages and spending will activate the economy, but that isn't happening in Europe because it weakens economic activity in general (aside from creating social discontent), dampening demand. I'm from Latin America, and the same procedure was used here under the shadow of the IMF (by agreements installed through a series of US backed dictatorships and later called the Washington Consensus) and led to disasters in more than one country in the '90s. So it's not like they're trying something new nobody knows about. It's just the mechanism the banks and financial firms use to control the the economy and governments. It's working, and the general population is paying for it. The US doesn't have the same problem because it can do what it wants with the dollar and it isn't bound by a such a restrictive treaty, aside from there being a Democrat in the presidency (meaning less neoliberal policies).

The EU follows World Bank ideas in its economic policy, and that entails austerity. The US (more like its 1%) controls the "World" Bank (check how its presidents are always from the US) as it controls the greatest military and the dollar (the main global coin) and thus Europe is being used while Germany dreams it can keep up an export-powered surplus fueled by leeching (as Gez put it) most of Europe.

Any reason you're quoting and linking to a KKK member's site?

Maes, do you think you could tell me if this translation is correct? It's from your most dedicated multikulti lover:

Yeah, the translation is accurate, if full of typos. It might be interesting to note that the "bailout agreement" is referred to as "mnimonio" (memorandum) in Greece, making it sound more like a bunch of optional/negotiable suggestions, rather than a binding agreement.

As for being "my favourite"....well, not quite, but he is one smart political player and entrepreneur who managed to fill a void of power left by state. Quite literally, too: calling your local Golden Dawn office and telling them "So and so, there's a problem with immigrants at X" results in immediate action within 10 minutes, and I mean actual full contact action.

Thanks. Well, that guy is scary as shit. I guess he has build his success on LAOS' cooperation with austerity measures...

K!r4 said:

Thanks. Well, that guy is scary as shit. I guess he has build his success on LAOS' cooperation with austerity measures...

LAOS is, simply put, a brown-nosed political joker. I'm glad he got left out of the Vouli.

Greece must be the only country in the world with both communist (I'm not talking about left-wind party SIRIZA) and fanatic ultra-nationalist parliament representation. That's the greatness of Democracy!

K!r4 said:

He looks like a frothy football club owner to me.

printz said:

And often, there's very little difference in the attitude of actual football club owners, gangsters, pimps and other such "gentlemen of the night".

Berlusconi started his career as a frothy football club owner.

jval said:

Greece must be the only country in the world with both communist (I'm not talking about left-wind party SIRIZA) and fanatic ultra-nationalist parliament representation. That's the greatness of Democracy!

I think Russia routinely manages some of that; however, it always appears the other parties aren't all killed so it can appear Putin's party has more legitimacy.

Multiculturalism? No thank you. I will stand my ground when the invaders will try to overrun (*wink* UAC Base *wink*) us. The demons will be defeated.

printz said:

Yeah, -50 dictator points to him for not having a funny mustache, messy hairstyle, or snazzy hat.