Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

We are but its still different. I am even building 3d models for high res textures but they still look different. I support this project 100%.

Loving those textures so far :)

I dont mind things like the extra pipes in the first texture. Yes it breaks away from the original a little, but thats not a bad thing, it gives it a fresh feel while still being the original.

The tech texture looks cool, using 3D geometry to render the texture for something like that makes sense (but must be very time consuming??)

Keep going, your not going to be able to please everybody, but I can give you my thumbs up - yay

NiuHaka said:

We are but its still different. I am even building 3d models for high res textures but they still look different. I support this project 100%.

Speaking of Ascension, how is the progress?It's been a while since you've last posted about it. I'm not sure if I've already said this but do you plan to first remake all the assets of E1M1 for some sort of alpha and then the rest of E1? Not only you will recieve feedback from someone other than your team but in case you abandon the project we will at least have something playable and I am REALLY anticipating your mod!

One more thing. I'm not trying to tell you guys what to do but since both of you have similar projects, wouldn't it be cool if you joined forces?

bcwood16 said:

The tech texture looks cool, using 3D geometry to render the texture for something like that makes sense (but must be very time consuming??)

I'm curious about this too. That is one hell of a model to build. I'm only doing this kind of thing for simple things when I think it will save some time. This techwall just looks crazy.

DooM_RO said:

Speaking of Ascension, how is the progress?It's been a while since you've last posted about it. I'm not sure if I've already said this but do you plan to first remake all the assets of E1M1 for some sort of alpha and then the rest of E1? Not only you will recieve feedback from someone other than your team but in case you abandon the project we will at least have something playable and I am REALLY anticipating your mod!

Progress is, as I like to say, comfortably slow. We are finishing up e1 monsters here and textures move along quite quickly when I actually spend some quality time on them. I'm not very interested in receiving C.C. from the community right now, although I do have something i'll be posting this summer. You don't have to worry about the project being abandoned at the moment because I am quite invested. Our website has recently changed and is going through quite a bit of construction but you can head over there to catch some hints at what we will be showcasing.

DooM_RO said:

One more thing. I'm not trying to tell you guys what to do but since both of you have similar projects, wouldn't it be cool if you joined forces?

I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought the same thing but he is currently working on textures we have already completed (star textures) or are already working on (tekwall4) and I want to see them finished.

Is the 3D geometry actually going to be ingame?It would be very cool to have it as an option!Is Doom Ascension going to have something similar?

@NiuHaka

Thanks for the answer, I have another question. How are you planning to release the mod?Will you have a release after each episode is done or after all Doom 1 or 2 assets are finished?

DooM_RO said:

Is the 3D geometry actually going to be ingame?It would be very cool to have it as an option!Is Doom Ascension going to have something similar?

I'm curious about this too. I've thought about doing some 3d walls but they would have to be added as objects and that could be a pain in the butt for mappers. I would also love to see this tekwall4 as a 3d object but that seems like a lot of triangles to be on screen at once.

DooM_RO said:

@NiuHaka

Thanks for the answer, I have another question. How are you planning to release the mod?Will you have a release after each episode is done or after all Doom 1 or 2 assets are finished?

Still Undecided. I'll PM you to avoid hijacking this thread.

NiuHaka said:

I'm curious about this too. I've thought about doing some 3d walls but they would have to be added as objects and that could be a pain in the butt for mappers. I would also love to see this tekwall4 as a 3d object but that seems like a lot of triangles to be on screen at once.

Yeah, they would consume a lot of resources but it would be very cool to have it as an option for people with very good PCs (like mine). Also, couldn't the placement of 3D texures be automated in some way to make it easier?

No port supports models for world geometry. Most model supporting ports only support models for mobjs, which can't be automatically placed on a map like you are thinking.

Doomsday is the exception; as well as models for mobjs, it also supports models for skies (sky models).

Obviously, you can make a model for a mobj, that looks like a wall or arch etc though.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to turn this into the "Doom Ascension" thread, but I was greatly curious if there were plans to eventually compile the resources for a G/ZDoom compatible pack too? I never cared much for Doomsday.

For the record, I really like what you're doing Reinchard!

Nomad said:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to turn this into the "Doom Ascension" thread, but I was greatly curious if there were plans to eventually compile the resources for a G/ZDoom compatible pack too? I never cared much for Doomsday.

For the record, I really like what you're doing Reinchard!

I'll PM you to avoid further hijacking.

Here is what I have for now. There are still few elements missing. I must change light direction, because in this settings many bumpy elements looks flat and other elements looks too shiny and this makes the texture is different from the original. I change material in final render and aad some gauges, bottons and other stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Okay, I don't even like hi-res textures, but this is some seriously cool work.

I even like the latter STAR textures (especially with the pipes) on the last page. Even without adding a lot of detail, they seem to upscale pretty well.

Not sure how they'd look in-game, though... Anybody toyed around with these yet?

I really like what is going on in that last texture. That grey pattern in the back isn't doing it any favors though.

That tekwall thing looks great, only it just looks like a bunch of random shit connected together by pipes and less like a wall.

To be fair, I always thought the tekwalls were some of the wonkier textures in the game. I wouldn't mind an attempt at a total redesign of the concept.

Nomad said:

That tekwall thing looks great, only it just looks like a bunch of random shit connected together by pipes and less like a wall.

I would say that you just explained the vanilla tekwall4 texture perfectly with that sentence.

Probably my issue is that the vanilla texture has everything compacted together, whereas Reinchard's has a lot of space between the stuff. I'd suggest making it look more like everything is embedded into the wall if it's going to be so spaced out.

Nomad you're right, but it was just a test. I will try move individual elements on X axis and maybe I make some kind of wall and I'll put everything to it.

Ok, here is another test version. I play with light settings and move elements in X axis. There is 3d wall full of sci-fi stuff behind this machinery, but in this settings this wall is almost invisible. Surprising, but always thought that the texture was created from a photo s (with some rework, of course) but now it seems to me that this is a simple hend-draw work.

Here is two updated versions:

This is still wip.

Incredible! I REALLY like it. Man, I HOPE I textures with 3d features will be an option in the future, imagine the stuff we could do with it.

That really is sweet. The only thing I'd recommend is maybe a hint of a brushing on some of the flat surfaces. Just seems a little too perfect. In-game it's probably a completely moot point anyway.

That looks like what the texture would have been if they created the game today, though.

Once you finish the textures could you make some color variations for mods?I'd really like to see a grey version of it.

Now THAT looks fantastic! Best doom related texture work I've ever seen! (I kind of like the darker one better, by the way)

These textures are totally doing it for me. I hope you plan on doing this for all the textures.

Hmm, the shading's too flat on either one, but the design is pretty cool. So THAT's what TEKWALL4 looks like. :P