Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RestlessRodent

Repository of Legacy Demos?

I'm looking for a repository of Doom Legacy Demos, namely for versions 1.11 through 1.42. I'm currently working on Legacy demo support in ReMooD and it would be nice to have more than the few demos I can pump out with what the binaries that are already there.

Also, if anyone of you have old Legacy demos you have lying around and don't mind sharing, please e-mail them to me at ghostlydeath@gmail.com.

Demos also exist in the DSDA but sadfully there's no way to list demos recorded by a certain source port and would require digging through the entire site to find anything.

The demo criteria would be any demo regardless of WAD, DM, number of players.

Thanks.

That would be handy although it would require digging. I could just run through the DSDA pages and extract any ZIPs on the same line as Legacy though.

Never_Again said:

A good place to start is the late Rich Sham's DSDA page. He recorded almost exclusively with Legacy.

N_A beat me to it. :)

Magikal recorded a lot with Legacy as well.

I'm sure there are a number of my old crappy Legacy demos on there too.

I managed to extract a list of ZIPs that contain Legacy Demos, there's only about 500 or so of them, so not too much demo wise.

However, I would also like deathmatch demos also, rather than just Solo/Coop ones.

GhostlyDeath said:

However, I would also like deathmatch demos also, rather than just Solo/Coop ones.

hey ghostly_death, i could help you with some old files if you're looking for DM demos recorded with legacy.

these are some recorded by me and two friends in the cellar in june 1998, on dwango5 map1, dweller2.wad, legacy's hipafrag.wad, team tnt's bloodlands.wad (maps 11 and 14, longer games), d2m07 and brit11.wad, using legacy 1.25 (DOS)

heh, not the most shining examples of deathmatching (often played with little map knowledge and even less thinking), but still with some nice shots and killing sprees, and the best part is why i call these the "ragequit series", one of the guys exiting in frustration every time the game went wrong for him. like in dw5rock.lmp, where he respawns in the path of his own rocket, or the d2m07 match ;)

i planned to convert these to youtube movies so i don't have to use dosbox to watch them, but never found the time, was too lazy, or whatever.

i hope i can find some more, as i lost an awful lot of files in a disk crash about 11 years ago.

edit: wow, you just made me sit here until late night watching these... good old times.

link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ci6rhd

Cool thanks! However, the internal version of the demo files state that it was recorded in 1.22. They don't play properly in ReMooD yet though, so i'll have to work on that. But if you find any more, i'd be happy to get a copy of them.

interesting. frankly i don't remember what version they were recorded with, anyway it was a dos version of legacy, launched by its doomatic launcher. i used 1.25 to watch them in dosbox, so i assumed they were recorded with that version. they desync with v1.28.

btw, i noticed the sound is higher pitched with 1.28, while it's closer to vanilla with 1.25, or that's how it sounds to me.