Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest 4 (NEW HOTFIX NOW ON IDGAMES/!)

Going to download this now and start playing tonight. I'm a little intimidated as the some of the maps have a reputation for being huge and that's not to my usual taste but I'm sure the quality will shine through.

Okay, guess I'll be the first to bring it up in this thread:

MAP21 is the most epic and amazing thing I've seen in Doom since Deus Vult 2. There is absolutely no way to overstate this.

Seriously, these screenshots speak for themselves:

(Ignore the weapon mod -- I was lame and tested it with one of mine :P )

Megafine awesome work, Kass. I had to leap ahead and give it a runthrough before playing through anything else ('cept TGH's MAP12, which is superb as well especially in the gameplay department). So yeah, based on the 3-ish maps I've seen so far, I'd call this a contender for a certain annual something-or-other. :P

One-upping Xaser here, map20/21 are super-amazing things. :)

I think map10 deserves two special mentions as well. The other goes to the incredible soundtrack of it.
EDIT: Not taking the big fights near the end of map10 into account though. Lots of revs/cacos/knights without enough rockets or cells to take them down, making it rely on the SSG, which got tedious. This was on a pistol start.

Crimson Dusk said:I think map10 deserves two special mentions as well. The other goes to the incredible soundtrack of it. [/B]

It's a very cool song, but I actually moved it to map 8 in my personal copy because it might as well have been made for that level--fits it like a glove.

Glad to see the project released! Thanks to The Green Herring for keeping this going!

Kick ass level set!

+1 for the Quake 2 track
+1 for the beautiful levels and textures
When I'm finished with this I'm sure it will be a +100 ;)

I like how the text file, in the boilerplate section at the end, says this (about using the GothicDM textures):

The ORIGINAL GothicDM(2).ZIP can be found at CDROM.COM.

No, actually, they cannot -- unless you have a time machine.

This looks AWESOME! Once I'm done typing this comment, I'm downloading it, playing it, and then say how awesome it is again!

Been checking out LPs of Community Chest 4, and so far, the first few maps look pretty impressive. I don't know about the size of the maps and all, but I can tell that that the first fewy are not as overwhelmingly long and tedious as the CC3 maps. Nevertheless, I can't judge entirely until I play the megawad myself. Hats off to the Community Chest team for finally releasing this megawad. I bet it's an improvement over the first three Community Chests.

thanks for all the hard work. everybody brought their best effort and the results speak for themselves. i like the new visual themes, greens and gothic and a nice blue sky. every once in a while i think "holy shit i'm still not there!?" but i'm enjoying every minute of this.

gggmork said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, get your "longest duration spent making it" or whatever its called cacoward.

You mean the Mordeth Award.

Anyways, I've seen a number of maps already thanks to certain TNS sessions and such, but I look forward to actually sitting down and playing... (Along with a LONG queue of other megawads that never get finished due to RL time constraints)

Anyways, congrats to everyone for the official release!

Guys

AMAZING WAD. I am LOVING IT

Just a quick one, On Map 11, the Exit has 4 buttons, I push all of them and they just make the noise and nothing happens... is this a puzzle or am I missing something?

Enclave said:

Just a quick one, On Map 11, the Exit has 4 buttons, I push all of them and they just make the noise and nothing happens... is this a puzzle or am I missing something?

You're missing something. ;)

Spoiler

There's a power core you have to turn on first.

Completing the last map on ultra violence completely f****d up my left arm, no more Doom for today. Anyway great wad, this is already among my favourites

The Spider Demon on Map18 is stuck on monster can't cross lines and hence can't move or attack.

Vermil said:

The Spider Demon on Map18 is stuck on monster can't cross lines and hence can't move or attack.

Indeed :o
It worked fine in older versions ( including cc4pbeta ), I don't know what happened since then...

Vermil said:

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Indeed :o
It worked fine in older versions ( including cc4pbeta ), I don't know what happened since then...

God damn it, Jimmy.

This was after he updated his level to fix bugs, and I trusted him not to be that foolish! Oh, well.