• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

j4rio said:

Community chest 2 map 24 max in 31:15

oh im happy to see this done
this was for over half year on my "to do list" but after I died first times in the last areas, I started recording other wads and totally forgot about it.
excellent :)

Thanks for the demos, Revved & Anima. :)

@ Revved : Cool, but I'm sure that the secret might help you achieving a better time, as you'll be able to take more risks with extra health.

@ Anima : Very nice, this is exactly the route I had in mind for this map. Took me a lot of tries to beat you.

cc401-max-132-wh.zip

Yeah, I didn't know that first secret, so I didn't bother. Also, am I the only one who thinks that there are lots of maps in this WAD which I feel are made for Tyson. I managed to kill over 100 enemies in Map 20 using limited weapons.

Zahid said:

walkthrough map 6 of cc4 this morning...any route suggestions....?
Currently cant create better:(

in some days ill be playing that lvl so i can check ur vid and the route

Oh shit, I used a beta version of this -_-. Sorry about this, gonna do it again later, hopefully in a faster run.

Zahid said:

walkthrough map 6 of cc4 this morning...any route suggestions....?
Currently cant create better:(

okay had a look on thia map and tbh I couldnt think of better routes neither. Actually your aggression on the level and the decision to open most of the doors to drag more enemies, were quite good time-wise. with more linear approaches on this map, I could only get slower times than yours.

community chest 4
cc4.wad (map1,2,4 with the first edition, 5th with the updated cc4.wad just released by TGH. the OLD.lmp refers to the older version of the wad instead, for the ones who might wish to see the slower record in map5)

map01 uv-max 01:27
map02 uv-max 02:46*
map04 uv-max 06:45*
map05 uv-max 07:06**

skipped map3, since I cant find all secrets.

edit: some spelling mistakes as usual in the txt whatever...

c4_map01-05.zip

The final version of the update has been released here. For this version, all demos posted in this thread should play back correctly (in fact, MAP13's edit was redone just so this would be possible). Make sure you use this version (dated 9/9/2012 12:21 PM) for future demos! I will make a post to the project thread when it's on idgames/.

The bug on Community Chest 4 MAP29 that 1ntru encountered was fixed in this hotfix. It was slow in coming out, however, specifically because he recorded a demo on that level shortly after we discovered the cause of the bug seemingly without considering the possibility of the bug being fixed. This means Andy Olivera would have to tag a demo requiring a previous release on the WAD's DSDA page, which is exactly what I was trying to prevent with the second release. After talking with dew, I decided to make the hotfix release anyway.

I encourage 1ntru to improve his time on this new version, and if it's okay with him, I would like for Andy Olivera not to publish the demo on the DSDA.

In any case, make sure you use the version of cchest4.wad dated September 12, 2012 the next time you record a demo on it. Even if only one level was updated this time, it's best if everyone has the same version.