Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

Daniel Tidwell Opens the Doom's Gate

Daniel Tidwell, best known for his popular game music guitar arrangements, has now tackled the E1M1 tune from Doom. While Doom music reinterpretations are not an awfully rare treat, Tidwell's take spices things up with the addition of growling vocals. Check out his Doom video here, download the track on Bandcamp or soothe your ears on the instrumental version if you are allergic to guttural voices.

Gez said:

Pure cheesiness. :)

I totally agree. From the news text I hoped for a vocal singing of D_E1M1, not a death metal overlay which happens to use Doom relevant lyrics (I mean it would have been cooler if it did not talk about Doom...)

If you put a free download on Bandcamp, it's on a first come, first serve basis. After something like 500 downloads or whatever number, it's shut down.

Bandcamp does that so as to prevent people from using them as a filehost. They take their cut on whatever you charge for your music, and pay the bandwidth and server maintenance with it, so they don't want people with free music there. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the $1 this track is sold for went directly to Bandcamp.

You're right, but it's not clear if he's allowing free downloads and his limited free download credits ran out, or if he is charging money for it. If he's charging money for it, bandcamp takes 15% and paypal takes 2.9% plus $0.30. If he's allowing free downloads, he gets a limited amount of download credits per month like you said, and then people have to pay for the download when the credits run out. But in that case, I can't figure out if that money goes to him or straight to bandcamp.