Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schmerr

What do you listen to whilst Dooming?

Simple enough, what music (if any) do you listen to while you are out in hell killing demons and the like.

Personally i listen to GWAR,Edguy,System of a down,CKY, and Hollywood Undead.

I like to calm the nerves while Dooming by listening to Twisted Abortion Massacre, Bitch Sisters and the Voreheads, Guerilla Apocalyptallica X, or Period Blast Parade.

Of course, these are all pumpkincore bands, but I have very varied tastes and will sometimes put on lumpcore, fecescore, corecore, acidcore, basecore, acidbasecore, silentcore, traincore, kazoocore, and even chainsawcore.

Vorpal said:

I like to calm the nerves while Dooming by listening to Twisted Abortion Massacre, Bitch Sisters and the Voreheads, Guerilla Apocalyptallica X, or Period Blast Parade.

Of course, these are all pumpkincore bands, but I have very varied tastes and will sometimes put on lumpcore, fecescore, corecore, acidcore, basecore, acidbasecore, silentcore, traincore, kazoocore, and even chainsawcore.

0_o

Those exist?

Soundtrack. If I don't like it, I might use idmus (02/08/18/25 in Doom2, 15/24/26/27 in Doom1) or load some music wad like mm2mus. In very rare cases I might listen to non-Doom music too. I think I played some surreal DoomHero map while listening to this.

Usually soundtrack, but if i decided to play some while listening to music i don't stop it. The first time i finished Coffee Break Ep1 was at night while listening to Weird Al Yankovick. I remember storming thorough Librabry to his Albuquerque. Was fun.

Mosty oldschool jungle from 93/94 or dead silence. I Got tired of the midis, and exposure to D_RUNNIN is just simply not healthy. Look at what happened to Eric Harris!

Soundtrack, unless I have time and motivation too map (very rarely have motivation) then I listen to dubstep, preferably the old school early 00's material I grew up with. Examples would be Digital Mystikz, Benga and Distance.

I don't even listen to music while playing Doom, but sometimes I do like to change the ingame music to the psx doom music and listen to that.

I always listen to original soundtrack while playing. When editing, I listen either to nothing, soundtrack I'm going to use for the level or my totally varied and weird mp3 collection (nothing's better than listening to Arch Enemy followed by Eddie Rabbit, Marilyn Manson, Rednex, Rammstein and Cezik).

The music in the levels.

But if I can't stand the song being played, i'll just quit playing that instant and not like it very much anymore.

st.alfonzo said:

The soundtrack, or BBC Radio 4. I love listening to the afternoon play while perforating demons.

BBC Radio 4 you posh git haha.

I normally just listen to music or the levels music depending what mood I'm in.

Vorpal said:

You forgot glitchcore.

With myself, it varies, but most of the time I have an Aubrey Hodges jukebox on autoload (based on DBThanatos' code) that randomly plays music from PSX Doom, PSX Final Doom, Doom64 and Quake 64. I'd post it, but it's 150MB.