Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What do you think the Mancubus is saying?

Seriously, am I the only person to think that the Mancubus's attack phrase is "I'm your mama"? Although it is an extremely weird phrase, I swear to god it sounds exactly like that!

buttspit said:

It's like these guys can't help but groan and belch when attacking and being attacked and waking up. So, no, I don't think they're saying anything; just struggling under their bulk.

I occasionally wonder if mancubi and revenants are made from different parts of the same dead demons.

GreyGhost said:

I occasionally wonder if mancubi and revenants are made from different parts of the same dead demons.

I thought it said somewhere that Mancubi were created from combining human DNA and the DNA of demons; the demons got around to it sometime during the first invasion. So I believe they're completely artificial and created in a similar process as clones.

Sodaholic said:

Seriously, am I the only person to think that the Mancubus's attack phrase is "I'm your mama"? Although it is an extremely weird phrase, I swear to god it sounds exactly like that!

You aren't alone.

Platinum Shell said:

I thought it said somewhere that Mancubi were created from combining human DNA and the DNA of demons; the demons got around to it sometime during the first invasion. So I believe they're completely artificial and created in a similar process as clones.

Where the hell did you read that?

Whatever your brain interprets from the garbled noise upon experiencing pareidolia.

I'm pretty sure he says "I'll fist your mama." Whatever. What I want to know is what the revenant is screaming. "Chicken fried steak for dinner" or something like that.

DoomUK said:

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? ...

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed.

...and you've been around here for how long, again?

Unless you were sarcastic, this HAS been beaten to death and then some (there's even an entry in the FAQ just for sound effects). It's only second in frequency to "what's your favourite source port", "favourite map" or "why I can't play GZDoom on my shitty Intel integrated video???" threads.

Plus, a couple (?) of years ago there was some "high quality Doom sound effects recreation" project by a guy who identified the source of most sounds or at least how they were plausibly made (e.g. some monster's sound was a reversed/slowed down leopard call). No idea what happened to it, in the end....lost the link, too.

Clonehunter said:

Oh I see. I believe that's all just a fanwork thing, I don't think it's official information though. However it's an interesting idea to think of the manc has a huge bodacious zombie.

Of course it's not set in stone, but I consider it good enough as it's from Doom2.net. :P

Platinum Shell said:

Of course it's not set in stone, but I consider it good enough as it's from Doom2.net. :P

Alright. It's a game for everyone to make there own conclusions.

In that case I think the first Spider Demon is just Hitler reincarnated from WOlf 3D, and the Cyberdemon in Grosse is actually Hans Grosse.

Clonehunter said:

Alright. It's a game for everyone to make there own conclusions.

In that case I think the first Spider Demon is just Hitler reincarnated from WOlf 3D, and the Cyberdemon in Grosse is actually Hans Grosse.

Stop the passive aggressive, I was just saying how it's my opinion. You can formulate whatever belief you want. I don't care.

Platinum Shell said:

Stop the passive aggressive, I was just saying how it's my opinion. You can formulate whatever belief you want. I don't care.

Um... Sorry? I wasn't trying to come off that way at all. *shrug*

Anyways, on topic... And somewhat related to sounds, but I've always wondered where most of the sounds for the guns came from. I mean, are they all stock from somewhere, or recorded? The pistol kind of sounds like they recorded a cap-gun or, if anything even, a soda can being opened?

Platinum Shell said:

I believe they all came from some sort of the sound ideas sound library, It has been someone posted it awhile back in a thread about Doom-related sounds found elsewhere to death, and then some.

FTFY

GreyGhost said:

*me waits for someone to submit that whimsy to wikia*

*me waits for people to quit using wikia already