Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darsycho

Beyond Reality! - Try it today!

Whenever episode 3 is done :P
Which will probably take one or two weeks.

I'm really liking the new screenies, this is such a brilliant project from a creativity stand point.

Looking at your custom boss made me remember something I thought up ages ago: try make a Mancubus with 2 or 4 extra arms and some more messed-up stuff grafted to it, like wings or spikes. You could call it the Monstrosity. =D I think that'd be a great final boss personally: it skirts the border between weird and disturbing.

Too lazy to make all the sprites for the fat caco, the next version i'll release will have all levels in it (except map16, the bonus map).

MEANWHILE, IN EPISODE 4:

http://i.imgur.com/JaoFs.png
http://i.imgur.com/nk0SD.png
http://i.imgur.com/OOlc3.png
http://i.imgur.com/R2EXI.png

Jack101 said:

Basically, it's Knee-Deep in the Dead, The Shores of Hell, and Inferno themed (Or at least inspired by) rooms all literally mashed together floating in what appears to be a cyberspace-like void.

Black and white theme? Interesting. Maybe you could make a secret tribute map to Doom or Doom 2, that'd be pretty groovy in black and white.

I don't know how to get the red key in map 04. Other than that it is an awesome wad! The best enemy are the mini demons. This let me think of something like "rats-doom" and "giant-doom" (what you know from other games, where the environment and the enemies are too small or too big)... maybe someone will create it in the future. Great work@Jack101!

Deeforce said:

The best enemy are the mini demons.

Heh, those are probably my least favorite. Although now that I think of it, a mini-mancubus would be pretty funny. Ol' fatso won't a wide target anymore, will he? Hehe.

Obsidian said:

Heh, those are probably my least favorite. Although now that I think of it, a mini-mancubus would be pretty funny. Ol' fatso won't a wide target anymore, will he? Hehe.

Funny idea, might use that sometime.

Anyways, if I'm lucky I should have all the maps done by friday.

Okay the full version is complete

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idgames/newstuff/

But there are a few big mistakes I did, is it possible to update this before it shows up on /idgames? Or do I need to wait until it's up then send an updated version?

Oh, and for those who want the fixed version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a8ai9a2hsxougkz

Jack101 said:

Okay the full version is complete

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idgames/newstuff/

But there are a few big mistakes I did, is it possible to update this before it shows up on /idgames? Or do I need to wait until it's up then send an updated version?

You don't have to wait, you can upload it again with a message to Ty. The message is a text file with the same name as the zip file, but an .msg extension.

I've just played the first 5 maps of the /idgames version. Very pleasantly surprised! I like the music, so far all of the new enemies and features haven't rubbed me up the wrong way and the mapping is pretty competant (looks nice, feels pretty good).

The pure absurdity of it all is really helping too, oddly enough. Very disappointed that the tiny demons don't gib :P Wouldn't have minded the Doomguy Heads showing their damage too, given the graphics are there for you to work with :P

Definitely enjoying this and will continue playing!

I'm dowloading this madness.
The fisrt screenshot with horribly mutated zombieman had me sold.

Hmmm, well now the wad is up on /idgames, not the updated version though.

How long exactly does it take for it to be updated?

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Missing mid texture here in map 04:

-image-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Strangely, whether I'm using opengl or not, it doesn't appear like that to me, but I know what caused the problem and I'll mark it down to fix later.

I recently checked out /newstuff and the updated version is up, so yay! :D

I've finished the first map so far. You really don't mess about difficulty, do you!

There's very little health and the brown potato-demons deal a shitload of damage. Little pinkies are a terrible nuisance too and with demonic crates you can never tell when they take aim to start shooting the chaingun. All in all - the gameplay is very well done so far, normally I'm easilly frustrated by unfair encounters, but yours don't seem that way. There's just not enough health, imo :)

I would like to point out that I simply LOVE the green theme. Default doom textures tinted green work wonders and even though you use just a handful of them, areas don't seem repetitive to me and I don't get lost. You have a very good eye for textures really.

And you don't use slopes!

ellmo said:

I've finished the first map so far. You really don't mess about difficulty, do you! There's very little health and the brown potato-demons deal a shitload of damage. Little pinkies are a terrible nuisance too and with demonic crates you can never tell when they take aim to start shooting the chaingun.

I love making my maps difficult, but since some people didn't like that, I decided to be nice and make the wad easier, also giving the pistol some extra speed since I really really never loved using the pistol because it was slow and ineffective, but that's just my thoughts.
Speaking of the little demons, you can thank me for making them a tad bigger since I myself found them annoying and haven't actually used them much after map03.

ellmo said:

I would like to point out that I simply LOVE the green theme. Default doom textures tinted green work wonders and even though you use just a handful of them, areas don't seem repetitive to me and I don't get lost. You have a very good eye for textures really.
And you don't use slopes!

I'm picky, when a room just feels empty or bland, I have the strong urge to detail it, which I suppose is good, I don't use slopes that much because I usually can't find a good place to put it, and I don't want to just put it in just for the sake of things. I prefer using slopes on outdoor areas because to me it looks better using stairs than slopes on indoor areas.

Overall I'm surprised from the reactions of this wad, I got really bored as fuck from editing this (which is why the last 3 levels are rushed.), and I didn't seem too impressed with my own work, but perhaps I'm just acting kinda like agent spork (No offensive intended by the way.), thanks for the reactions and nomanations for cacoward guys, love ya! :P

It'd be cool if you made a sequel. Maybe you could get some guest mappers in, that'd be groovy. =D

Obsidian said:

It'd be cool if you made a sequel. Maybe you could get some guest mappers in, that'd be groovy. =D

Well, I was planning a sequel sometime, but for now I'm bored of doom mapping and I want to get back into game maker.

Also, I prefer mapping alone. :P

Jack: I love these maps btw. You should definitely continue making maps like this. It's been a long time since I've played a megawad and really wanted to see further than the first few maps. You've managed to make me reload and play further TWICE now! Good work.