Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skogsto09

No Rest For The Living Demos [-complevel 2]

MAP14 (=MAP03) UV Max 4:15

edit: since I apparently confused everyone, I upload these demos once more. They play back with the Xbox version now as MAP02 and MAP03.

nr03-415.zip

Nice to see some demos for this WAD, I'll try to contribute sometime this weekend.

I was about to ask the same question but managed to save a copy of the wad and edit the map numbers via Xwe (I think there are better programs for that nowadays though) so I could watch these demos. I bet there is a way to force playback on another level but I don't know the command line parameter for that.

Anyway, indeed really nice to finally see new demos for this great wad. Must be a real headache coming up with a route on pretty much all of these maps.

Perhaps we will eventually even see some more competition for map08 ;)

DooMer 4ever said:

Perhaps we will eventually even see some more competition for map08 ;)

I still haven't forgotten about that, and I haven't given up, I'm just resting a bit.

Btw, XWE seems to hate 64 bit systems :(

Archy said:

vdgg, stupid question but how do I make map 02 become map 13?

Just change the fourth byte in the file from 02 to 0d (which is hex for 13) in any hex editor.

EDIT: in the demo file, you need to change from 13 to 2, so it's actually reverse.

Donce said:

Just change the fourth byte in the file from 02 to 0d (which is hex for 13) in any hex editor.

EDIT: in the demo file, you need to change from 13 to 2, so it's actually reverse.

Thanks for this ultra simple solution, that took under 12 seconds.

And vdgg, with the exception of movie runs, you may want to convert your LMP to the "standard" map selection before publication; I can't see how it would hurt the demo and it would help the uneducated (like I was before Donce) out greatly.

vdgg said:

GZdoom greets me with COULD NOT FIND MAP LEVEL01 message :-/

I am rather curious as to why it was recorded in that port in the first place surely if you wanted OpenGL effects, you would use GLBoom plus. Otherwise events like this can occur.

vdgg said:

GZdoom greets me with COULD NOT FIND MAP LEVEL01 message :-/

Well that's weird. I do have it on my youtube though, if you can't get it to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQbqpx1HLg

Springy said:

I am rather curious as to why it was recorded in that port in the first place surely if you wanted OpenGL effects, you would use GLBoom plus. Otherwise events like this can occur.

I've been using GZDoom for years, and I don't really feel like switching to another port.

I should have said "does anyone have the same problem?" rather than just complaining. I guess the port usage is fine, actually it's pretty funny to see DSDA nerve page, so many different source ports :) Thank you for the link, Cyberdemon531! I also fixed the problem - wrong WAD version...

What I like about G/ZDoom is it loads no rest for the living as a separate episode (hence the LEVEL01, not MAP01).
As for the 14:11, I really want to improve it, I can use two arch-vile jumps in 6 and 7 but they're really finicky and hard to get. Not sure if I will be getting both in a run any time soon.

Owww. Light goggles in GZDoom are more annoying than helpful :) [ok, nvm, I found that stupid "enhanced light vision mode" and set it to off]

Movies don't need to be ultra-fast, especially the first one in a certain category. Well done.

Yeah I am going to juggle Speed and Max and try to improve them one at a time. Maps 5 and 7 are both the biggest issue for each category though. Half of attempts die on either one of those. :/

Now source port gurus pls explain why I get 99% kills when playing it back contrary to the Youtube video's 100%...

Cyberdemon531 said:

lost souls count toward the in game kill ratio (but I have a modified file that makes them not)

I say why not mention this in the .txt file? I know of no other person who did so before you.

I can put that in the txt files from now on, I just didnt see it as something worth noting, since all it does is restore a feature that the engine altered that makes knowing if a run is legit much easier.