Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serge Jkn

[WIP] Doom II: Annie (UPDATE: 30/09/2012)

Yeah I read them. Sorry didn't mean to break the rules but I tried emailing news and it failed because it couldn't be delivered to the right people that were in the news group.

Saliva said:

Yeah I read them.

The thing is:
1) This is not really a suitable topic for a news story. A release of a major project might be, but asking for feedback on a WIP is not. Just make a forum post for things like that.
2) Even if it were newsworthy, it is not written in the style required, as those posts I linked to explain.

I tried "Anniedemo". Well, it's not in my favorite style (I prefer a little more abstract and less realistic designs) but I definitely can see that you put a lot of work into this. The layouts are interesting and detailing is very good and clean. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback. The entire project will have 16 levels and it will be divided into 4 themes, consisting of 4 levels per theme. This means that the player will travel to 3 other worlds

The second world will be marble/temple themed, the third world will be Hell and the forth world takes place in space.

So don't worry, there will be abstract levels.

is this the same project that was started years ago by Azriel (i think that was the name)? dutch devil had made a few maps, i had been invited to do some but never did.

Tango said:

is this the same project that was started years ago by Azriel (i think that was the name)? dutch devil had made a few maps, i had been invited to do some but never did.

Wow, now you're going waaaay back. But indeed, I worked with DD on the first 3 maps. I recently uploaded that demo to my moddb site. The demo's called Oldannie.

yeah, that was quite a while ago. sad it never took off in that iteration, but it looks like you're doing pretty well now!

Yeah but progress is very slow cause I'm working alone on this one. And there are many other things that need to be done besides mapping.

I tried this out and I was really digging the design one thing I noticed though that could save you some time is not using vertex slopes in places where setting a line to 181 would suffice and you wouldn't have to split the sectors in two doing that either.

Yeah I know but I'm not digging the 181 method because sometimes the alignment is all wrong. I'm kinda used to doing it the other way and it's also very fast but thanks for the remark.

Use it only on lines that follow the grid, along the X-Y axis I don't see how you can have any problems with alignment doing that for the more abstract kind of slopes yes vertex slopes are good but your using them where they don't have to be used.

You think vertex slopes would be an option here? Believe me I know what I'm talking about :)

Point taken :-) In the demo map it isn't much of a problem since there are not that many slopes but for maps that use alot of them it would indeed be better to use the 181 method.