Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Csabo

XWE source code released

Hi guys,

It seems I lost my password/connection settings to the doomworld.com/xwe page, so I'll just post a note here.

I promised here http://www.doomworld.com/vb/xwe/34191-source-code/#post570481 that I'd release the XWE source code once I decide to stop maintaining it. It's available for download at the usual place here: http://ca.geocities.com/xwe@rogers.com/. This wasn't really a "decision", more like a realization - I don't have time for it anymore. Nevertheless, someone may find something useful in there. I'd be happy to see new and/or bugfixed versions of it.

It's written in Delphi 5 (I know, ancient). One quick note: if PNGImage/CodeMax/Zip handlers give you trouble, you're probably better off commenting out anything that deals with those parts. I don't think those are essential to WAD editing, and could be replaced with other libraries.

Finally, big thanks to Martin Howe, the only person who ever sent me a donation. It was appreciated :-)

Does it have any license? So far I see nothing about such thing in the ZIP, so I guess no.
Oh, it's GNU. Sorry.

Geocities went down back in october. So your site link doesn't work.

P.S. It took me 10 minutes to write this because my Vista froze up and crashed as I was writing. :(

Can't find it on ReoCities or OoCities either, fortunately Kaiser's backup link still works - which is suprising considering it's on SpeedyShare. If there are no objections I'll submit XWE and it's source to the archive for safekeeping.

Related to this, can anyone provide a link to the missing dependencies in the current source ?

Unless the one I got from Kaiser's backup link is an older/incomplete version, it seems to be missing certain required source files: apart from the CodeMax_TLB dependency (nearly impossible to find), there are other referenced (but not included) "Stringz", "MRUSupport", "Evaluation" etc. units that are required to get it working. I don't know if these were standard in Delphi 5, but they sure are not included in Delphi 7 (and their definitions in XWE.dpr point to user-defined folders).

It's also too much guesswork to see which unit contained which functions/procedures.

Pretty OT: has anyone actually got it to compile as-is? Am I missing something?