Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seznam88

riding on doom

please help me I would like to riding on doom I would like to create story wad where will chase and after chase shooting thanks in advance :)

make you wad slade 3 for you tutorial so ideas and help with chase story you're welcome.

Did I just imagine it or is there a segway mod floating around somewhere, that might be ideal for this project.

I'll try to explain:

Seznam88 is a beginning ZDoom mapper. He wanted to ask if it's possible to make a car. A vehicle you can get in, drive it and get out of it when you want to. His idea is that you will start the map in a car and you will race. And after the race ends, you will start playing normally (that's what he calls "shooting").

I know it because he asked the same thing on our Czech forums about ZDaemon & Odamex (o_o) and didn't get any satisfactory replies.

Although my English is not perfect, I hope you understand now :).

scifista42 said:

His idea is that you will start the map in a car and you will race. And after the race ends, you will start playing normally (that's what he calls "shooting").

Won't be easy. Your typical car in Doom is stationary with the scenery moving past it, Action Doom has a couple of examples that are worth a look. If you don't want to just travel in a straight line, a scrolling floor race track with some ACS trickery to activate the track when you start your "car" and deactivate it when you cross the finish line (or leave the track?) might do the job. The other cars in the race could be custom actors that follow a patrol path.