Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

j4rio said:

Holy Hell map 5 uvmax in 2:58:33 by Okuplok

Supreme! But it desynchs at the 66th minute for me. Any idea of why? Thanks!

Plays back for me. Prboom-plus 2.5.1.3 was used for recording, so you could try updating it.

j4rio said:

Holy Hell map 5 uvmax in 2:58:33 by Okuplok

when was this recorded, is oku back into makin demos?

I think I'll grab some chips and soda and watch this back at 2x :D

He was busy this year, so he didn't record anything besides this. Also he told me his past .lmps not uploaded to dsda were deleted long ago.

Memfis said:
Anyway, shouldn't you play it with -complevel 11? ("Advanced engine needed : A Boom-compatible source port that supports MBF.")

It could be due to cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect play and shows up on PrBoom+'s Boom compatibility anyway, such as the sky transfer feature.

Two maxes (MAP01 in 2:27, MAP02 in 4:12) for Odyssey, an excellent 7 map episode from 1995 that has only 4 comments on /idgames! Whaaat?
Unfortunately, it seems that this wad wasn't made with pistol starts in mind, so some maps are totally unbalanced if you play them from scratch. I just tried to FDA 03 and 04 but the monsters said "No". I'll go take a look at the remaining maps now.

Anyone up for UV-Max Movie?

edit: just found out that another odyssey.wad (1996) exists. Don't get confused.

ody1-2mem.zip

Yes, I recall MAP03 as maxable, as E4M1 tysonable. And the second Odyssey, by E.Cannon, is arguably a better WAD overall.

PS Haha, a nice Looper style shot at -skipsec 100 in ody1-227.

I tried the second "Odyssey" and design-wise it's definitely better, but the 1995 wad has better gameplay (maybe even as good as in Requiem\MM) so it's cool too. :)

Torment
MAP02 UV-Max in 4:58

trm2-458.zip

Holy hell map04 tell me this max is valid in 19:36
At least missed around 40 monsters less than j4rio, but nobody knows when dw community wants to say a demo is not valid

hh04-1936.zip

Ancalagon said:

Holy hell map04 tell me this max is valid in 19:36
At least missed around 40 monsters less than j4rio, but nobody knows when dw community wants to say a demo is not valid

Looks valid to me! Good job, btw :)

There's a stupid teleporter working as lift in that iirc and at some point it just closes off, so there's always different amount of missed monsters. I think in my 28:XX I missed only 4 monsters.

There was a leftover monster in starting area, but I've no slightest idea how it got there. That map is so unbelieveably broken.

yeah after hitting both switches at bridges you must wait for all monsters to spawn in, otherwise it screws up and monsters get trapped when you use lift. ;)

so, it's something you do in the map that makes monsters get trapped there? I thought that area where they are was timed. How did a monster get to spawn area!? I am sure I all was dead there when I left it

Oh, yeah, I get it. The tiny room where you teleport from starting area is accessible by cacos and they can teleport back to starting room through it.

It would honestly be an utter nonsense to bother trying to get 100% valid max there.