Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Okay, so EmZee712's MAP15 has been kicked, and Alter was fine with putting his map back in. Current maps in danger of being kicked are:

MAP02 - Archi
MAP22 - Archfile
MAP25 - Olympus
MAP26 - gvozdevik (Still not sure if we should just get his replaced now)
MAP30, Area #1 - Archi

So if anyone still wants to make another map, stay tuned.

GBT3 said:

I have little optional suggestion. Instead of throwing all rejected/cut off maps seperately, it can be made into add-on to main megawad for those people who are curious what it could be and isn't. Sort of 'making of' or 'behind the scenes' made between levels of main campaign, but in maps. Alternate route scenario like mission pack.

That would be possible if I received all the rejected/removed maps, but most removed maps were either never finished or moved into another project.

Xaser said:

Meant to post it earlier, but it's all within limits. The only area thus far that's a bit questionable is the tower+bridge spot, but that's only because it's wide n' open n' not quite finished yet. It's well under the limits now, but I'm hoping my plans for it don't push things over the edge. D:

Then I look forward to playing it through once you're done.

I havent had much time/desire to map recently so someone else can take my slot. If anyone wants my unfinished map 25, PM me, although its not very complete....

Olympus said:

I havent had much time/desire to map recently so someone else can take my slot. If anyone wants my unfinished map 25, PM me, although its not very complete....

Alright, I'll update the OP. On the bright side, at least part of your original map is incorporated into MAP30!

Having a stab at a TNT2 map is very tempting but I'm knee deep in unfinished maps and progfic duties right now.

And im totally fine with that! Im just glad to have been able to contribute, even if it was only like a fourth of a map. I really look forward to the release of this, good luck with mapping everyone!

I have to admit this is very tempting, I have other commitments though and I feel that I am probably too inexperienced to take part in this project.

purist said:

Having a stab at a TNT2 map is very tempting but I'm knee deep in unfinished maps and progfic duties right now.

Well if your other maps have a deadline beyond what ours is, you could whip up a map with the layout and basic details done. Then you could hand it off to someone else, like Kyka or myself, that could fill in the map with details.

cannonball said:

I have to admit this is very tempting, I have other commitments though and I feel that I am probably too inexperienced to take part in this project.

The same thing I said to purist can also apply to you. You don't need to spend huge amounts of time on the aesthetics; that can be handled by someone else.

I'll do that. Of course, I don't mind if other mappers shoot for the same slot and if that means my map is not used I'll find a home for it elsewhere.

Alright, I'll mark both of you down for MAP25. Just remember your map should stick to a "Hellish Techbase" theme. Since it's a later level also remember to make it difficult.

Whoo said:

Alright, I'll mark both of you down for MAP25. Just remember your map should stick to a "Hellish Techbase" theme. Since it's a later level also remember to make it difficult.

You could even merge them if possible.

That's also a possibility, assuming the maps both turn out to be designed similarly. There's also other slots that might open up, so one of the maps could go in one of those as well.

Well it seems it never rains, it pours, as the old saying goes.

I have been doing some sneaky 'behind the scenes' PM's to see if I could possibly recruit a few of my favorite mappers for this project.

As of several days ago, Darkreaver has tentatively agreed to do a map for this (subject to busyness IRL, he may not be able to finish the map ultimately) so we have tentatively booked him in the map 02 slot.) And he has just PM'd me to say he has already finished the map layout. Damn, that was fast.

And I get up this morning to discover that Brett "Mechadon" Harrell has offered to make a map for this. Woohoo!

And furthermore, Mattias "Waverider" Johansson has also offered to make a map. Double woohoo!

So looking at the current map roster, (whoo, totally up to you of course what we do here,) but we could put one of them in the map 22 slot, and put the other in the map 21 slot. (Yes I know I have a finished map in that slot, but for the opportunity to have these guys map for this, I'll happily pull one of my own maps.) I mean seriously, if we count the maps I have either done on my own, or worked with other mappers, I have like a dozen maps in this set, so one less won't hurt. :)

And also purist and cannonball, welcome aboard guys, good to have you. :)

Sorry whoo to create this situation, I simply didn't expect such a response so fast, and I expected most of the mappers I PM'd to simply not be able to.

So as of now, I guess all the slots are full again, and whoo, we can work out which,(if any) of my maps we can possibly pull out to make room for the current roster of mappers.

And also, Alter, great to have your map 15 back in the mix! That really is a great map.

Anyways, thanks everyone for jumping on board. Good stuff. More news as it happens!

I'm going to go ahead and open up MAP26 (since gvozdevik won't have time to finish it,) so we can throw Mek's map in there. Also judging from Archfile's profile I'm going to say he's quite inactive as well, so Waverider's map can go into MAP22. If he comes back, then we can swap your MAP21 with his map. Great to hear that those two want to make some maps!

I'd like to confirm here as well that I'll take the slot for map22. :) I'll start mapping tomorrow, and post screens as soon as possible. Thanks again KiiiYiiiKiiiA for the invite!

Do you guys need someone to do some quality control? I've already checked all the maps in Interception and Hadephobia done texture alignments, debugging etc. I'd really like the opportunity to do another another Megawad this year any need for my hypercritical aesthetic skills?

Pottus said:

Do you guys need someone to do some quality control?

Sure. I'll send you a PM with the information.

Hey, I hope I can make something that is TNT worthy for you guys :). I have a couple of ideas that I'm looking forward to trying out. Anyways, sounds good, I'll happily do MAP26 for you guys.

Is there somewhere old 3-map demo still around between forum users? If so, these maps could be remade and merged into kind of secret map33 for historical purposes, like credits map how this project started from. Hypothetical name: Deconstruct Otherworld.

waverider said:

I'd like to confirm here as well that I'll take the slot for map22. :) I'll start mapping tomorrow, and post screens as soon as possible. Thanks again KiiiYiiiKiiiA for the invite!

Anytime. Look forward to see what you come up with.

Pottus said:

Do you guys need someone to do some quality control? I've already checked all the maps in Interception and Hadephobia done texture alignments, debugging etc. I'd really like the opportunity to do another another Megawad this year any need for my hypercritical aesthetic skills?

Can never have too much quality control. Thanks Pottus. :)

Mechadon said:

Hey, I hope I can make something that is TNT worthy for you guys :). I have a couple of ideas that I'm looking forward to trying out. Anyways, sounds good, I'll happily do MAP26 for you guys.

So I am guessing this map will be a massive, free roaming, architectural feast, with monsters in abundance to splatter all over the epicness.

GBT3 said:

Is there somewhere old 3-map demo still around between forum users? If so, these maps could be remade and merged into kind of secret map33 for historical purposes, like credits map how this project started from. Hypothetical name: Deconstruct Otherworld.

Would probably only work if those old maps were tuned up and brought up to standard. Not a lot of point in releasing old stuff, although I think at least one of those old maps is in the project anyway.

I do like the idea of a bunch of bonus material in the .zip along with the wad itself.

Archi said:

Why my map02 was kicked? It was finished a long time ago.

I either missed your update, or you never told anyone. Regardless, I'm going to incorporate what you have in an existing map.

EDIT: Okay I played what you sent me, and I remember playing through an unfinished version of it a few months ago. Judging by the design I think it might fit into my MAP10, with some tweaking of course.

GBT3 said:

MAP15 (Techbase T-5) is from the original 3-map demo, and I might actually combine Alter's hell map from the original demo with Archi's MAP30 area.

And I don't recommend releasing the third map from the demo (which was mine,) because it's quite awful.

waverider said:

Although I'm not familiar with your maps, I expect you'll provide some quality stuff since Kyka asked you if you wanted to contribute.

Mechadon said:

I'm very eager to see what you come up with, and at the same time I hope chocolate-doom is able to keep up with your architecture.

Spent a couple of hours on these today.

Potential facelift for the TNT crate textures. Like? Hate?

I send you a message about the light colored crate but now that I see the darker varient in the screen it could certainly use some re-work too.

Pottus said:

I send you a message about the light colored crate

Heh. And it was that PM that made me at least decide to have a tinker with the crates. It became obvious pretty quickly that I wasn't going to be able to mix the new and the old. I'll either have to redo all the old tnt crates, or leave all of them as is. The new and old don't look so good together.

esselfortium said:

It's about double the contrast of every other texture in the room. Waaaaaay too much contrast.

I have to agree there, it's why I mentioned it in the first place overall it doesn't really match the profile of a good Doom texture.

I've just started working on a Quarry-like map, and though I don't see any other Quarry map listed, I thought it was best to ask if anybody else was already working on one? If there is, maybe I could make a Quarry/Heck-like map instead?

It wouldn't be a copy of the originals, just inspired of.