5 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this wad?

• Yes
    • Kinda
    • No

A wad I made for Halloween.
This Wad is for ZDoom

LINK HERE http://www.mediafire.com/?02f2y8726komb00

PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST PLAY ON HIGH RESOLUTION IN GAME OR ELSE THE TEXT WILL SCREW UP!!
As of right now there shouldnt be any glitches, but if you find any please let me know.

This wad features custom gameplay were the player finds himself as a trick or treater. You only have 1 weapon which is a baseball bat, and you will use this to either defend yourself or destroy objects.

To beat the map you must achieve 500 happy halloween rating which is gained from either collecting bags of candy or vandalizing halloween decoration.

All decorations are destroyable and will throw their gibs all over the floor. Some people dont have the halloween spirit and wont give out candy, so if you want you can beat them up to get candy out of them.

You can find candy either inside houses or scattered throughout the neighborhood.

Heres some screenshots.

Features that were cut out due to time constraints.

-More npcs trick or treaters,house hold guests,hostile npcs
-More decorations and more variants per decoration
-More monster types
-quests, points of interest, bigger town and more house variants.

Enjoy the wad and Happy Halloween to everyone!!

Before i put this on idgames Im going to fix the rate of which ghosts can deal damage because atm they can destroy you rather quickly if you stand still to long.

It could be better, but it's pretty fun for a little bit of seasonal messing around. My suggested improvements would be:

1) Vary the structure of the houses and their yards a bit
2) Stop ghosts spawning outside of the map
3) Remove the console error by naming the ghosts to something other than Wraith in their actor definition
4) Add some sort of music (something that loops well in the background, perhaps with a mad, upbeat sort of piano vibe)
5) Make the meanguys not sound like they're speaking through a Woody-style voice-recording in a tin

Nice job on the graphics - they do for the theme nicely (although the people are very basic) and the rest of the new sounds are definitely good enough.

Phobus said:

It could be better, but it's pretty fun for a little bit of seasonal messing around. My suggested improvements would be:

1) Vary the structure of the houses and their yards a bit
2) Stop ghosts spawning outside of the map
3) Remove the console error by naming the ghosts to something other than Wraith in their actor definition
4) Add some sort of music (something that loops well in the background, perhaps with a mad, upbeat sort of piano vibe)
5) Make the meanguys not sound like they're speaking through a Woody-style voice-recording in a tin

Nice job on the graphics - they do for the theme nicely (although the people are very basic) and the rest of the new sounds are definitely good enough.

Ya im trying to find some good music for this, you got any suggestions?

Ya the ghosts are glitchy, im still working on them =P

If memory serves Church has a "mad piano" bit of music that is scripted in when the gargoyle comes out to fight - it's the sort of thing I think might fit the "antics" playstyle of this map :P