Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ant

Good Games (S8E38)'s DOOM 3 BFG Review

The review that really infuriated me was for the PS3 version by Official PlayStation Magazine UK.

The PS3 version to me was like a dream come true, I had been waiting years for DOOM to come to that system. The reviewer was a total dick about the game. He acted like we didn't even want DOOM for the PS3, that other *newer* shooters were better (including RAGE), and even told people not to buy and/or play the game.

Under a different username, I tried to stand up for DOOM, and its fans who wished to play it on the PS3. Unfortunately, everyone there wanted to defend the evil one, just like every other "Me VS Internet Dick" scenario.

This is yet another example of why I hate reviews so fucking much. If there's anyone here who has bought or is planning on buying DOOM 3 BFG Edition for PS3, please do me a big favor and boycott that shitty site, because it's obvious that they're our enemies.

Mystery Man in 3D said:

it's obvious that they're our enemies.

Yes, us vs. them. Totally not stupid tribal mentality at all!

It's just a reviewer being stupid, all you have to do is ignore him, not a big deal.

Sodaholic said:

It's just a reviewer being stupid, all you have to do is ignore him, not a big deal.

It's not a big deal I know, but it does hurt the game and kind of turns the readers into mushy turd brain fart touchers, like IGN etc.

This guy is the only reviewer I respect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvdUmDIIL0A

I'm with Mystery Man in 4D, I wanted these on PS3! I got em all on PC but there's something cool about PS3. And if you remember or lived through the history of PC to Console ports (remember SNES Doom? yuckkk) you can really appreciate the quality of the transition.

Runs so good, Doom 3 and RAGE are the best current-gen shooters on console, they put performance as a priority instead of gimmicky SSAO crap that runs the framerate down the mung hole.