Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The didierbertrand incident

Hi.

Can anyone explain to me what happened to didierbertrand?

He has a loser tag now, and all his demos are being removed. I heard that it was because he started deleting his own posts without any explanation. Was that really the only reason all that happened?

I think it would also be interesting to mention, that he has recorded 562 demos totaling 40:58:51 over the past years.

His DSDA page: http://doomedsda.us/player290lmps.html

Thanks.

I've absolutely no idea what prompted any of this. He blanked a large number of his posts and sent a message saying that he wanted all his posts removed. No explanation.

I losered him to prevent any further damage, and so he could still post messages in one area of the forums (partly because it looked like his account might have been hacked, but it seems that isn't the case).

That's all I know. His posts are a part of DWF history and will not be removed.

For your information, back in January 2012 he asked for the deletion of his account on our message boards as well, after sabotaging all his posts.
That's quite sad, as he had a high interest in demo activity.

He got into existential problems because of playing doom a bit more than he should and now he wants to be relieved of a psychological barrier that keeps him attached here and prevents him from proceeding further with his life journey.

It's a real shame, and it seems to come about without any explanation either to we he has done this. Well at least DSDA still has his demos so people can enjoy them for all eternity (or until the internet eats DSDA).
He was usually the first person to do demos on the newly uploaded wads on the archives (he even did one of mine :)). Anyway we have lost a once very active speedrunner off these forums which is sad but that was his choice and there is not much we can really do except preserve what he did on here.

ok, i don't get it how deleting his posts and demos would help him to get rid of his habit of playing doom excessively. the damage is already done, the time wasted (if he suddenly considers gaming a waste of time). he could have asked for having his account locked if he really couldn't refrain from posting here, but hunting down his own demos and deleting them is pointless, and another waste of time btw. sucks to lose such an enthusiastic player.

I was just kidding, I have no idea what is up with him tbh. He seems not to be a fluent english speaker so he probably won't be able to explain it anyway.

he is in top 10 at dsda
we should honor him i suggest any mapper to made map 4 him to convey
the message that we miss him:(

I wonder if he will be back or not..........what a sad story.

I miss him too, I really like his runs in DSDA though it isn't play very aggressive. Anyway does anyone know how to contact him?

Okuplok said:

he closed his youtube page too it seems....

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyler1leboss

i never understood why people disappear like that

That was well over a year iirc.

Memfis said:

uh, didn't you do the same thing before? Or are you joking? :)

lols

Didn't he answer in losers with explanation btw?