Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dannebubinga

Combat Shock + Combat Shock 2 demos [-complevel 9]

Ancalagon you sneaky bastard! How I failed to discover that shortcut in my own map is beyond me. Very impressive! :)

Edit: You've got the whole christmas vacation to practice map04 ;)

Combat Shock MAP02 UV PACIFIST in 5:46. Plutonia IWAD required.

So, in an effort to catch up with all the wads I've downloaded and not finished I started playing Combat Shock. Halfway through the second map I was starting to get bored of the slaughter, but then I realized that MAP02 could be done PACIFIST-style. Playing a map in a way it was never even remotely intended is always fun.

First exit. Decent but improvable.

cs02p546.zip

Combat Shock 2 MAP02 UV-Max in 8:59.

Didn't all go according to plan - usage of ammo was iffy and I didn't get and didn't realise I missed the blue door key. Wonder if it'll be better to open the red door and get lucky with infights. I'll take what I have for now.

cs2-859.zip

not to be a negative nancy, but you missed a few monsters :p (rezzed revs on the ledge).

regardless, some pretty neat tricks in there. I probably won't try and beat my previous time in the near future, but I may attempt maps 1-3. (5 and 6 are currently way out of my league)

Looks like you have used the RC version. Danne uploaded the final version on IDGames. I'll watch the demo though, cuz I wanna do it too!

Ancalagon said:

Bah, then i have to do another

Do sub-30 :P

Tomorrow I'll be at home and I want to watch it!!

played back with the /idgames final version right? I remember for a little while the version that was on the dsda was the 'release candidate'

I hope I recorded on the right wad -.-

Ribbiks said:

played back with the /idgames final version right? I remember for a little while the version that was on the dsda was the 'release candidate'

I hope I recorded on the right wad -.-

I tried to playback the demo with both, and both desynched. Maybe it's just me, I don't know :O But I did try playing it back with the final version on /idgames and it desynched.

hmmm, I see the problem! danne must've updated the wad, hotfixed it or something? The version I have (which I could've sworn was 'final') says it was last modified oct 20, but the one from /idgames now says nov 2. so my demo works on the slightly outdated version, but desyncs almost immediately on the new one.

hmm... guess I'll just try again with the right wad this time.