Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

Memfis said:

I made a 5 Years demo too.
MAP02 UV-Max in 3:10.

Cute map! :)
I was trying to make a Max for MAP03, but I can't seem to be able to find the Partial Invisibility secret. Do you know how to trigger it?

Thanks!

Very nice Mordeth demos. But, to clarify: On MAP06 I knew YK was not needed. I did, however, do something equally stupid in 2059-mrd and 1829-mrd: I thought I needed the red key for some reason. Oh well...

And then of course you're right I missed an obvious jump to the exit building which means another movie is called for.

Plut said in trin-655.txt:
Really cool 1997 map

The wad is from 1994; indeed, it was one of the most famous early maps.

Perhaps more importantly, you should add trinityu.wad to the command line as this avoids some texture problems when using it with the Ultimate Doom iwad (which came out after The Unholy Trinity and broke a few things).

So I was just tinkering around with map 9 of tnt and somehow noticed that you can use splash damage of RL through solid walls at 2 sarges close to starting point behind invisible wall and another sarge a very little bit further behind a stony wall that lowers once you press switch - shoot from outer room. I noticed this happenning in vanilla btw. Use IDKFA at start of map 9. It may take a bit of trying though, sometimes I had to shoot over 50 rockets at wall to invoke it.

j4rio said:

So I was just tinkering around with map 9 of tnt and somehow noticed that you can use splash damage of RL through solid walls at 2 sarges close to starting point behind invisible wall and another sarge a very little bit further behind a stony wall that lowers once you press switch - shoot from outer room. I noticed this happenning in vanilla btw. Use IDKFA at start of map 9. It may take a bit of trying though, sometimes I had to shoot over 50 rockets at wall to invoke it.

Haha, that's kinda odd. I also triggered that trick on my KS32 Max demo by piercing the Commander Keen through solid walls (happens at 0:10 and 1:26). I have no idea why or how that happens, but it's a very cool trick nonetheless.

Anyways, can I expect a beating of my EV09 max in the close future?

rrwoods said:

This is really random, but...

... does anyone have any of these lying around? I seem to have removed them from my webspace at some point, and I've switched computers a million times since then :-(

Of course.
I'd bet several others do too... Chris, Andy, Andy, Myk.....

richardwoods_lostiwaddemos.zip

vdgg said:

Lethe by Hobomaster22 UV Max

:))) Loved the homing missile duo. You mentioned that it's possible to get stuck a few times. That's exactly what happened to me on FDA and made me ragequit. But now I watched your demo and I guess I like the wad, it just wasn't properly playtested.

Nice, thanks! Seems a little unorganised though (especially weapon usage). I believe 4:xx is possible with good planning.

Opulent said:

Of course.
I'd bet several others do too... Chris, Andy, Andy, Myk.....

Oh sweet, thanks a bunch!

I ended up getting 200-e1m3 recently, I'll have to post that soon.