Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Disney buys Star Wars, plans to release Ep. VII in 3 years.

Harmata said:

Hey, maybe we will see a good Transformers movie.

Hey, maybe we will see a good Dungeons & Dragons movie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9658785/Harrison-Ford-open-to-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-return.html

The 70 year old actor [Harrison Ford] is said to be "upbeat" about the film and reuniting with the other actors who became household names after the success of the original sci fi blockbuster from 1977.
Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, and Carrie Fisher who was Princess Leia, are also said to be considering the new film.

Harmata said:

I hate fucking Ewoks.

Ewoks were one of the main reasons why I loved Episode 6 so much. I can't even explain why, but it's just a fact. And their themesong is catchy too.

Eris Falling said:

Inb4 people with a grain of intelligence.

FTFY. Sorry, had to.

Hellbent said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/9658785/Harrison-Ford-open-to-Star-Wars-Han-Solo-return.html

The 70 year old actor [Harrison Ford] is said to be "upbeat" about the film and reuniting with the other actors who became household names after the success of the original sci fi blockbuster from 1977.
Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, and Carrie Fisher who was Princess Leia, are also said to be considering the new film.

I never expected that.

Eris Falling said:

I'm never gonna be able to watch IV, V or VI again thanks to Family Guy.

Inb4 haters.

I can sympathize. If a bunch of monkeys threw excrement onto something, and others marveled at it as a masterpiece, I don't think I'd be able to view such an object ever again with any grace of pleasure either.

eargosedown said:

I can sympathize. If a bunch of monkeys threw excrement onto something, and others marveled at it as a masterpiece, I don't think I'd be able to view such an object ever again with any grace of pleasure either.

You mean like... the Special Editions?

Mr. T said:

You mean like... the Special Editions?

The Special Editions of episodes 4 through 6 were quite necessary bumps in visual quality, by my standards.
But the upgrade from DVD to Bluray, on the other hand... that was absolutely pointless and utterly useless by my standards. I'd rather prefer that Lucas started Episode7 at that point instead of redoing same old scenes with very minor and pointless alterations which are clearly not worth the hardware upgrade.

I heard this news 2 days ago in Taiwan. Well, WTF happened to disney? It sucks now!!!!! Not stupid animations again!!!!!!!!! I missed old movies like Cinderella, Lion King, Aladdin etc. :(

Damn Damn Damn!!!!!

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

I heard this news 2 days ago in Taiwan. Well, WTF happened to disney? It sucks now!!!!! Not stupid animations again!!!!!!!!! I missed old movies like Cinderella, Lion King, Aladdin etc. :(

Damn Damn Damn!!!!!

Disney animation doesn't necessarily suck now.

eargosedown said:

All Star Wars parodies, no matter how tasteless, are eclipsed by the disaster that was the Holiday Special.

It's not even one of those "so bad it's good" things. It's... disturbingly bad.

188DarkRevived said:

The Special Editions of episodes 4 through 6 were quite necessary bumps in visual quality, by my standards.

Painfully 90's-era CGI incongruous with the "look" of the rest of the films + fucked up colors isn't an improvement in my opinion.

DoomUK said:

All Star Wars parodies, no matter how tasteless, are eclipsed by the disaster that was the Holiday Special.

Yes, but at least it helped people try and convince fisher that she had a cocaine problem!

DoomUK said:

Nah. it's so bad it's good. I've watched it a couple times... making other people suffer through it too during Christmas season :D

It's so cheesy it's funny. Best with people to make fun of it with you, of course.

Now Episode I, that's so bad it's just... bad. Not worth it even for riffing purposes.

Hellbent said:

Even though their physical appearances might not be fitting for the roles of a newly married Han Solo and Princess Leia, they still have their trademark voices which can be used to voice any animated versions of themselves. So it looks like everything should be good. :)

188DarkRevived said:

So it looks like everything should be good. :)

Everything being good is pretty optimistic.

Enjay said:

Everything being good is pretty optimistic.

OK, so there might be a pair of little bloopers here and there, but people are people, and there's no such thing as "absolute perfect perfect" in my view of the world. So overall, I'll be happy just to see/hear them again and to observe the series live on. I don't enjoy being a negative whiner all the time.

188DarkRevived said:

I don't enjoy being a negative whiner all the time.

In other contexts I might agree, but I think the Star Wars saga has already become a bloated corpse and seeing some senior citizens reprise their roles as Luke, Han and Leia is just going to be the depressing straw that breaks the camel's back.

Unless the tentative seventh Star Wars instalment turns out to be something very good, which I sincerely doubt. Expecting something to suck balls dispels any chance of disappointment, right?

I think having Luke or Han showing up ala Spock Prime could be a very, very good thing. Not Leia because, um drugs were not kind to Carrie Fisher. LOL

Mr. T said:

I think having Luke or Han showing up ala Spock Prime could be a very, very good thing. Not Leia because, um drugs were not kind to Carrie Fisher. LOL

I made this statement on another forum. I'd love to see Luke in the first installment, like the old Obi-Wan appearance of ANH to pass off the torch to a new generation of heroes. I'd prefer to not see Solo again, however. Seeing an old, tired Indy was heart-winching enough.

It's expected that we'll be seeing R2 and 3-PO, but I just hope they don't make R2 as painful as he was in the prequels.

I wouldn't find Han Solo returning a problem in newer Star Wars episodes than with an older Indy in Indiana Jones.

^ LOL @ the ever-raging Hitler. The only thing which I've ever raged about that much was the incarnation of DOOM as a motion picture starring the Rock and featuring a totally unparallel storyline with totally unrelated characters.
Now that.... That was totally uncalled for and tainted a franchise.
But new animated Star Wars films is something I'd welcome with open arms any day.