Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Pcorf community project (pc_cp) demopack [-complevel 9]

BTW, since there was quite a surprising activity outburst, I decided that once map 16 gets done, I'll let things calm down for two weeks and you can beat whatever time from OP you want during that period. After that I'll send textfiles for contributors to fill out and meanwhile everybody can improve only own times so nobody gets deleted from txt file past that point anymore. I hope it doesn't sound too confusing.

I experimented with telefragging a baron, but it just doesn't work. Not sure if I am able to challenge your 4:08.00 now, but will try. Nice job!

map16
16:33
not really much time to play, so I'll drop this in here and keep playing a bit to improve it, got lost a few times and was unlucky with damage taken near end, which slowed me a lot
I'd like at least to cut 1-2min more here. Sometimes chasing single imps or cacos is good to avoid monster missing at the end btw *sigh and the SSG is picked way 2 late

pc16-1633.zip

Sweet, so OP is finally filled up.

Okay, so now you're free to do as much trouncing of current times as you wish up to November 25 (Sunday). I think it's more convenient to wrap it up during weekend, so that's all to it for now.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Map05 Max 1:59

What a pity can't beat DSDA record, but it's a small fun map suitable for coffee break. :)

You could go for record. I'm sure you can manage it eventually.

j4rio said:

You could go for record. I'm sure you can manage it eventually.

I can try it again one day, but it's not that easy because it depends on monsters' behavior and a little bit of luck.

j4rio said:

Sweet, so OP is finally filled up.

Okay, so now you're free to do as much trouncing of current times as you wish up to November 25 (Sunday).

Plz Arrange Another such demopack project after this one gets done and
every 1 month choose a good but infamous(less demoed)wad to highlight like you did here....:)

Sure, that'd be cool. However choosing a wad is pain. I'm not exactly fine with how pc_cp ended up being chosen.

Yup, that's precisely what I meant. Listing an endless bunch of potential wads doesn't even remotely help with picking final choice, just piles up potential candidates without sorting them. This'll have to be thought through. Well, doesn't matter now as it will take a while before this topic gets brought up (by me, at least).

you are fully authorized to decide wad from my end:)....i just can ask for variety in gameplay like this wad got something interesting for every genre of players....
here's map 10 at 6:02....

pc10-602.zip

Is it that TAS run you told me about yesterday? If you post TAS demos, please make sure people know that they're not "real".

Memfis said:

Is it that TAS run you told me about yesterday? If you post TAS demos, please make sure people know that they're not "real".

Well, Tool-assisted max demo is in attachment with this post and it was done in 10:23 with gamespeed change only, previous posted max is non-tool-assisted.

pc16tas-1023.zip

Beginner said:

Map16 in 11:31

phew, very good
happy to get over the map :D if i knew it in advance i'd have saved a couple hours of my super rare- hours of free time tho...

Plut said:

Zahid, good idea! My suggestions:
Whitemare
A. L. T.
DaWill
Khorus

Jenesis hasn't received too much love either. I'd be willing too join that if you guys decide to do it as I think it is a fantastic wad.

I want to do maxes for this buuuuuuut... welp. I think it's awesome wad despite its bugs, age, co-op nature and changed sounds and all those old demos of it are slow.

Zahid said:

map 8 at 5:36

MAP08 in 5:04
Terrible demo on a terrible map. Took me less than 15 minutes. Tried for almost another hour and couldn't beat it, so I'll just leave like it is. 4:XX shouldn't be hard for someone with patience.

pc08-504.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Map07 Max 4:16.

What a fun Dead Simple map for rockets and plasma spam, but tough beginning. :P

MAP07 in 3:55

My target was sub-4. Even though this beats Daiyu's time, I can't play as stylish as he does, and I simply can't understand why!!!

pc07-355.zip

map02 improved by 1 sec :)

Rizera said:

Even though this beats Daiyu's time, I can't play as stylish as he does, and I simply can't understand why!!!

I think one reason is that you know and "understand" your demos much better then anyone else and you can spot every little mistake in them, so they look worse to you.

pc02-244.zip

j4rio said:

If you don't like your demo, well, there's a way to help it. ;)

map 7 in 3:50

The demo I disliked was for MAP08! My demo for MAP07 wasn't bad imho, it's just that Daiyu looked better D:

MAP07 UV-Max in 3:46
I beat 3:50 a couple times but in both one monster or two failed to teleport. It also almost happened here.

I'm done with this level, beat it and the record is yours. Shouldn't be too hard for you since I lost a few seconds thanks to a Highlander Arachnotron and this evil teleporter.

pc07-346.zip