Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

My Community Chest 4 Map17 run have one monster missing, this is due to my outdated version of this wad. Anyway can you please treat my run as a UV Max run instead of "Others"?

yeah, it was impossible to kill that one monster in the previous version, so daiyu's demo should be a valid max.

32 demos this week.

SAV88: Fixed. Thanks!

j4rio: Fixed, except for refuse. Without confirmation of v1.9 from Looper I'd rather leave it PRBoom. Ribbiks' older demos changed to cl-1. Thanks!

vdgg: Fixed. Wow, I had no idea those MAP30 demos weren't in the collection. Thanks!

Daiyu & dew: Added as UV Max. Please post a link to the version used so I can add the level to DSDA. Thanks!

Hmm, why gggmork's holyhell map05 attempt disappeared?
edit: oops, nevermind, it just doesn't appear in the table but holyhell_ggg.zip contains it

Looper: Fixed. Thanks!

Daiyu: I'll add this to the 'old' WAD (and update to the current version) when I get the old version for MAP13.

didier: Please post a link to the correct version.

The MAP19 0:59 TAS UV speed demo posted for cchest4 is actually for cchest2. The text file says it's for cchest2 and the filename matches the cchest2 demo naming pattern ("c2##-###.lmp"). Furthermore, there is an identical demo already present for cchest2, except it has no text file and it does not follow the demo naming convention. c219-059.zip can safely replace the copy of the demo on that page.

On this page, my map07 demo (eob7-142) only plays back correctly if eob2s.deh is not loaded. That's because the version of old Prboom that I used when I recorded this demo ignored the partial invisibility bit, and so the hell knights are fully visible and the monster behaviour is therefore altered.

Whoops, forgot to mention that dmdave is identical to dave on the site, so the two pages can be safely merged. "dmdave" is the idgames/ .zip filename, so that's the name that should be used (as per precedent for the DSDA).

• Markus Heikinpalo = DooMer 4ever (source)
  • MAP06 of hg.wad. Well, it's "UV Max", but there are no monsters. For me more logical is Pacifist category as in E3M1 of inf-lutz. Do you agree?
  • I would insist that my ev17-313 was not marked C-N; I posted this demo in a regular thread, as I wanted a time lower than Radek's (1 missed monster) before submitting a "real" entry; in the new C-N site this demo (3:13) is omitted, and I approve it.
  • hr MAP28, there is a demo by Cameron listed twice (0:18). It's the same demo, only with two different names, apparently posted as Speed and Pacifist entry separately
  • mm, MAP15; there is a UV Max demo by DeDo in 10:21, non C-N as recorded after Anthony's. It's also, for some reason, in /pwads/mm/fast. I attach it below
  • mm2 MAP32, 0:27 and 0:28 demos are also Pacifists; the slowest entry and the TAS are UV Speeds only
  • rq26-007 is also Pacifist
  • rq32-014 by Cameron is Pacifist; There should be 2 "speeds only" on this map and 3 pacifists (2 x C-N and one stroller).

mm151021.zip

vdgg said:

Markus Heikinpalo = DooMer 4ever

Yeah. Never got around mentioning that as I don't really care for those old Zdoom demos. Anyway, I would like to have my demos under my username instead of my real name.

vdgg: All fixed; DeDo's mm demo will be in the next update. I changed the categories for the empty hg and inf-lutz levels to UV Speed. Pacifist doesn't make much sense, either, since there's nothing to shoot at.:-) Thanks for the corrections!

DooMer: All demos are now under your username.

TGH: Duplicate entry for dmdave deleted. Thanks!

dmcraz is by Rick Kelly. TECHNO.WAD (E1M3) is an early version of TECHNOID.WAD, where the author gives his name and states its origin ("Based on an earlier wad (techno.wad) I included in the rickdoom.wad which has some of my first attempts at using DEU."). Special thanks to Ryback for checking this out (or rather, bothering to check it out ;) ).

vdgg said:
MAP06 of hg.wad. Well, it's "UV Max", but there are no monsters. For me more logical is Pacifist category as in E3M1 of inf-lutz. Do you agree?

Hmm, just a thing. There's a secret. You ignore secrets in uv-speed/pacifist if you can, but it's obviously deliberately triggered in demo. I'd say it's a max.

Danne's cs2 map 4 max misses revived monsters.

Zip of Ng11's current fastest max is cluttered with extras that I'm sure were not added by me.

TGH: Fixed. Thanks!

j4rio: Good point about the secrets. I moved the hg demo back to Max. Danne's c-shock2 demo moved. I also updated the WADs archive with the final version, plus an 'old' WAD for a couple demos. As for ng11, I must've mistaken both times for yours. Fixed. Thanks!

33 demos this week.

Memfis & Searcher: I went through the WADs and added the appropriate initials, as well as adding an initial to Rich J's player listing. There may be demos by Rich M. mixed in, however. Thanks!

His Son only did a few demos. Most of this were the dad's demos. he was fairly active back then.

Edit:
RJ Sham was the dad btw. He passed away on Sept. 10, 2006

Andy, The bulk of Rich's demos start with initials "rj" or "rjs" Then the demo name. Only a scant few of them start with rs-DemoName

Andy can you split the entries for c209 so that its showed the full progression in the times ?(right now 117 and 122 of mine and 120 and 124 of his are together)