Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stoned

The first wad you remember playing?

First of all; excuse my english, it's not perfect. :)

So, what was the first Doom (p)wad you played?

I think somekind of remake of Doom's E1M1 was my first experience with Doom wads, it was crap but it was interesting back then because there wasn't many wads around. I think it was in early '94. Then a little later i played these Doom wads that won a wad design contest of a Finnish game magazine. They were one of the first good wads i ever played. :)
I guess the first Doom2 wads i played were from PC gamer cd. I bought many magazines with cd just because i wanted to check out the wads. :D

Tell me about your first experiences with Doom wads.

The first wad I played was called "Wierd". I thought it was great (and still do) but now I play so many more and much better wads. Also, it was only about a month ago when I started.

I don't remember the exact name of it, but it was on a Mac. It replaced E1M1, and one point had lots of dead marine bodies outside, each with a weapon next to the corpse. Most of them were plasma rifles. This was around '97-'98.

Oh, and that "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!" WAD I mentioned somewhere was among that group of WADs on the same computer.

It was back in 95, I think...either the Aliens TC or UAC_Dead. They were both highly recommended in the DCK book I bought, so when I finally got the internet, I immediately downloaded them.

It was a really simple level that took place on a football field and demons were running around with jerseys on. I believe it was on a pwad collection CD called Demon Gate by LaserSoft, has anyone else heard of this? It seems pretty rare and most of the wads date 1994!

Hmm, It came on the Demon Gate cd, so I'm not sure... Check some wad sites for football.wad, maybe you'll be able to find it.

I honestly don't remember. It's been so long ago, since a few years back. I DO know it was for the Ultimate DooM, and it was quite fun, if short. It replaced E3M1 if I remember correctly.

The Demon Gate cd, is that for Doom or Doom 2? Oh well, I couldn't find any sites that actually had the wad (football), only one that listed it.

DemonGate is a huge jungle of wads, 1334 of them to be exact. Maybe I could send the wad to you??

I think the first pwad I played was "Dark Covenant". At least thats the first I remember.

Hard to say since the first PWAD I ever tried was for Heretic, and it was really lame but what the hell, there were who knows how many more of them on that H!Zone cd. For Doom....hmmm, tough one, I never downloaded any new levels until just a few years back, long after the source code was released. If I recall correctly it was Hell Revealed.

Internet took a long, long time to arrive to this country.

Golgotha was the first wad I played. I didn't even have a computer of my own then, played it at my friend's. It was on a magazine cover diskette.

Carnage said:

I think the first pwad I played was "Dark Covenant". At least thats the first I remember.

Heh I still play that wad (every now and then)
twelve levels right? First one isn't bad.. I like the city level though...

First wad...
no idea.. it's been so long.. played probably over 3000 wads.
I can't remember :)

NeoNite said:

Heh I still play that wad (every now and then)
twelve levels right? First one isn't bad.. I like the city level though...

Cool, I didn't think anyone would know about it.
Yep, 12 levels I still have it, I was about to play it again. :)

NeoNite said:

I like the city level though...

Yeah, that level is pretty nice, it gives me lots of inspiration for when I get to my city levels in my project.

Archvile64 said:

Yeah, that level is pretty nice, it gives me lots of inspiration for when I get to my city levels in my project.

Heh I remember the first time I was able to use the free mouselook function in doom :D One of the first wads I had to check out, was darkcovenant and of course the city level ;)

Check this one (use gllegacy or jdoom etc...)

Load the Apocalype2 wad, warp to the level 12 (the one with the huge octagonal room etc...)
Probably the deepest pit I've ever seen...

NeoNite said:

Check this one (use gllegacy or jdoom etc...)

Load the Apocalype2 wad, warp to the level 12 (the one with the huge octagonal room etc...)

If i remember right, vanilla doom crashed quite easily on that wad.
I think i played that map back in the old days when there were no source ports.

NeoNite said:

How deep is it? My first wad has a deep-ass pit in it.

Doom II Guy said:

Hey, where'd pickle965 go? Any chance of you uploading that wad?

Here: http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/stickhell/FOOTBALL.WAD -you have to copy and past this URL in the address line, clicking won't work. It doen't seem to have the demons in the jerseys though 9probably some other football wad) and its an extremely simple level, oh well.

Dark Covenant, Hell revealed and Aliens TC... don't remember the éxact order.